Time For A Change

Chapter 14

Time had gone by fast, by the time she knew it her baby bump was out and she was carrying a healthy five month baby. She was still very lonely since Jacob had been working long hours, leaving home early in the morning and returning home late at night. Gabriela was starting to get more tired and wasn't able to greet Jacob at the door anymore, he'd always find her sleeping on the couch.

It was a Monday night and Jacob had returned home at 9pm to find his girlfriend sleeping on the couch again. He sat on the edge of couch beside her, he put his hand on the big baby bump and sighed, 'I can't do this to her anymore, I've got to talk with Joseph' he thought to himself.

"Gabriela wake up honey, let's go to bed" Jacob softly woke her up. Gabi looked up at Jacob and gave him a sleepy smile, "you're home". "I thought I told you not to wait up for me" Jacob put his hand on her forehead and stroked her skin with his thumb. "I can't help it Jacob, do you know how lonely it gets when you're not home. If i don't wait up for you than I can't see you." Jacob felt so much guilt after hearing her say that, he sighed and put his head down.

Jacob helped Gabriela stand up and walked with her to the bedroom. He tucked her in then laid down next to her stroking her hair and watching her fall back to sleep.

~

It was the next day, Gabriela was excited that today they were going to find out the gender of their baby and to hear the baby's heartbeat. Jacob took the day off, this was one thing he didn't want to miss but it also gave him a chance to drive down to Joseph later on to have a chat.

The midwife and doctor arrived, putting their equipments together to get started. Gabriela laid on the bed where the doctor had set up the ultrasound screen, "let's see how baby Seed is going" she smiled at the couple. She put the cold gel on Gabriela's stomach and started moving the ultrasound probe around.

It took a little while for her to get a clear picture of the baby but when she did, there were smiles all over. They heard the baby's heartbeat was healthy and strong and now it was time for the gender. "Ok let's see if it's a girl or boy" the doctor smiled and became silent while trying to figure it out.

Gabi looked at Jacob with big bright eyes, excited to find out what they were going to have. She looked back at the screen and saw the doctor nod, "congratulations Jacob and Gabi, it's a girl".

Gabriela put her hand on her mouth and started to cry happy tears while looking at Jacob. He leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "we're having a little princess" he whispered and Gabi nodded with excitement.

~

The doctor and midwife had left after a successful and happy pregnancy check up. Jacob and Gabriela cuddled up on the couch still so excited after seeing their daughter on the screen and heard her strong heartbeat. Jacob put his hand on Gabi's baby bump and stroked it, "I can't believe it's a little girl. Are you happy my daughters mother?" Jacob chuckled. "I'm over the moon my daughters father. We're having a girl Jacob, I still can't believe it" she snuggled her face into his chest.

"So how much work do you still have left? Are you going to be working longer hours once our daughter arrives?" Gabi asked. "Not a chance in hell. Actually I'm going to drive down to talk with Joseph soon, I can't handle coming home and seeing you sleep on this couch waiting for me" Jacob looked down into her eyes, "I can't keep doing that to you Little Lamb. I don't want to come home every night after our daughter arrives and find you both sleeping on the couch waiting for me".

In saying that Jacob stood up from the couch, grabbing his keys and turned to Gabi, "you wanna come for a drive?". Gabriela slowly stood up and nodded at him, "yes please, I need to get out of the house". Jacob called out to Echo and Boomer, "we'll take the boys too".

The four of them walked to the truck, Jacob opened the back door and let the two canines jump into the back seat. He opened the back windows slightly so that they can get some fresh air, then helped Gabriela climb into the truck.