Stubborn Gabi

Chapter 7

Two days went passed and Jacob continued to keep Gabriela in her cage like the other hostages but the only different thing was, he actually let her have food. But Gabi had turned stubborn on him, not eating her foods when given and not talking to him when he asked questions. He was getting frustrated with her, trying his best to get her to speak but all she did was face her back to him. He'd go back into his office and punch either a wall or his desk, he didn't care when the other hostages did it too but with Gabriela it was different. He only wanted her to understand that this really was just her punishment.

It was another cold evening, Jacob approached her cage with a pillow and blanket. Opening her cage door, he placed the items next to her and walked back out, waiting for her to do or say something but she didn't. He sighed and walked back inside the Centre and upstairs to his office. He stood up on the balcony and continued to watch her.

Gabi looked at the pillow and blanket, she picked them up and threw them against the bars of the cage. He felt frustrated again knowing that he was not making any progress with her.

A Peggie walked by her cage only for Gabi to stop him, "tell that boss of yours to stop bringing these shit to me. I'm not going to eat, drink or talk to him ever again. Also tell him that I've accept to die in this cage, at least when I die, I won't have to see his face again". She kicked the pillow and blanket to the cage door and sat back down in the same corner as before.

Jacob heard everything she said, walking back inside his office and began punching the wall from anger and frustration. He turned around to the Peggie that was in the room with him and ordered the guy to bring her to him. The man nodded and rushed out of the office.

The man approached Gabriela's cage, unlocking it and ordering her to stand up, "Jacob wants to see you immediately". "Tell him to drop dead" Gabi responded making the Peggie angry. He grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the cage and up to Jacob's office.

She walked in not making any eye contact with Jacob, he signalled the man to leave and stared at Gabi for a while before approaching her. He raised his hand, putting it on her cheek and caressing it for a short time before she pushed his hand away. He looked at her with disappointment and real sadness, "come on I'll take you back to the house" he smirked. "No thanks I'm happy living in a cage" she sarcastically replied back to him still not making any eye contact with him.

"Fuck sake Gabriela stop being so stubborn" he raised his voice slightly at her. "Why? Two days ago you were being stubborn with me. What's wrong? Don't like it when someone else does it to you?" She finally looked him in the eyes, they told their own story. She had been crying a lot, they were red, puffy and leaked exhaustion from no sleep.

He gently cupped her cheeks and leaned down towards her, "you ran away from me. I was angry". "No I ran away because I didn't want to go back to Holland Valley. I accepted the fact that I lost this fight against you and was willing to stay with you. I was willing to do whatever you wanted me to do cause it felt like the right thing to do. But going to Holland Valley was one thing that I didn't want and you were forcing me to do so" she looked deep into Jacob's blue eyes and continued, "going to Holland Valley meant that I was close to the Resistance again, it was going to give me the urge of messing things up for the Cult. I don't want to fight anymore, I just want to be a normal girl and live a normal life. But you didn't want to listen to me, you were being stubborn and now I'm going to be stubborn to you Jacob Seed".

Jacob took in a deep breath and looked into her eyes as well, "you wanna stay in that cage? Or do you want to come home with me and live that normal life you desperately want?". Gabi looked down at the ground and quietly replied back to him, "go home and live a normal life with you". She looked back at Jacob to see his response after she said that and saw a smirk forming in the corner of his lips. "My life isn't normal Gabi so you're not going to find that with me" Jacob responded. "I didn't say your life had to be normal, just as long as mine is and just as long as you are in my normal life" Gabi realised that she was going too far and she tried her best to shake it off.

"Do you have a crush on me Deputy?" Jacob asked with a slight chuckle, it was a joke question but when she answered back with a serious yes, his expression changed and he didn't know what to say back. "When I first saw you in church, my heart was beating fast and my hands got sweaty. I didn't feel like that when I looked at Joseph and John, it was only happening when I looked at you and right now it's happening again" Gabriela confessed, "I guess that's why I stopped causing chaos. My heart was trying to tell me something and I finally understood that I was actually in love with you".

Jacob couldn't believe his ears, a girl for the first time said she loved him and he didn't know how to reach to all this. The only thing Jacob could do was grab her by the waist and pull her in tightly to his body, hugging her. He didn't know what love really was but he was sure to find out with Gabriela's help.