Chapter Three

I just stood there in the middle of my living room, debating what to do.
If I called Amy back to tell her no way, there was absolutely no way I was going a anywhere with her brother, she wouldn't answer, there's no way she'd answer.
She knew Matthew and I had a volatile relationship and by volatile I mean I hate him and he hates me.
That was why she hung up so damn quick, she knew I'd object and oh boy did I want to object.
I'd spent my school years being tormented by that boy and as I got older I learnt to torment back. He disliked that immensely, which turned everything into hate.
I'd go on vacations with Amy's family and he would make it horrible for me, so I'd do it right back to him.
I can still remember Mrs Sanders yelling at us both, begging us to both stop it.
We stopped for the rest of that week and it turned out to be the worst week of my life, but that's another story. Once the vacation was over we were back at it again and damn it, the only good thing about Amy moving to Boston was that I hadn't seen is face since and god it had been so good.

"Oh god." I groaned, walking into my bedroom. "Four days, four fucking days with him." And that thought made me feel queasy.
I looked at my suitcase on my bed then went to my closet and got out my overnight bag.
I decided to pack the overnight bag because I knew there was no way Matthew would help with my suitcase and I sure as hell didn't want to keep lugging it in and out of the car when we stopped overnight.
"Why the fuck would he even agree to this?" I wondered out loud as I packed the overnightbag.
He probably didn't agree to it, knowing Amy she told him he was doing it much in the same way she told me.
God I was gonna make her pay for this. She owed me now, she owed me big time.

My stomach growling interrupted my churning thoughts and I glanced at the clock realizing it was getting a little late.
I needed to hurry and get dinner before Scott came over so I could get to bed early, after I made sure he knew what an asshole he was for getting me into this mess.

I went into the kitchen, humming to myself, attempting to forget about tomorrow as I made a salad. Once Scott got here I'd cook a few steaks for us. I wanted it to be a quick meal, so I could eat, say bye to him then get to bed to try and sleep.

As I cleaned up after myself I went into the living room, flicking on television and hoping Scott would get here soon.

I sat there for awhile, watching a little television and still waiting when I decided I might as well have a shower. If Scott showed up he could let himself, he had keys to my apartment.

I savoured my time in my shower, trying to relax. I was just so tense, this whole day had been a shit hot mess.

I eventually got out, dried myself, then put my hair in a braid, ready for bed.

"Fuck me." I snapped as I finally left my bedroom and found that Scott had still not arrived.
I grabbed my phone, punching at the screen aggressively then putting my phone to my ear.

"This is Scott Cooperman, I can't take your call right now, but please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. "

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculously polite message, then gripped my phone tighter, feeling my anger at everything begin to boil.

"Oh hey Scott Cooperman, this is Evangeline McCarthy, your supposed girlfriend, the one you're meant to be having dinner with. Please get back to me as soon as possible you asswad."

I hung up, throwing my phone on the couch and stomping into the kitchen, grabbing some salad to eat. Obviously Scott wasn't coming to dinner so I might as well not waste it.

I'd almost finished the salad when my phone started singing from the next room. I wandered in and glanced at it. It was Scott, so I let it ring out, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Of course it started ringing again so I snatched it up.
"Yes." I snapped.
"Sweety." Scott said. "I have to make this quick, I'm snowed under at work."

Of course he was!!!!

"I'm not going to make it over tonight." He told me.
"Great." I muttered. Here I was going away, he wouldn't see me for almost a week, but he couldn't drag himself away from work to come say goodbye.
"I was going to drop the Audi off tonight but I have to be at work early in the morning so I'll drop it off then." He told me matter of factly.
"Don't bother." I muttered. "I'm getting a ride."
"Great." Scott said, sounding annoyingly ecstatic about it. "That's great news Evangeline, anyway I have to go babe, text me from the road tomorrow. " And then he hung up.

HE HUNG UP! There was no 'Who are you going with?' Nothing, it was like He didn't care, that he was glad and he probably was because now I  wasn't taking the precious Audi.

"I could be going with a murderer." I muttered, going to the bathroom and cleaning my teeth, getting ready for bed.
Well I was going with Matthew, he was bad enough, he wasn't a serial killer but he sure as fuck was a serial pest.

I went around, making sure everything was locked before turning off the lights, then I made my way to bed, tossing around, trying to get comfortable.

I laid there and laid there, staring up at the dark ceiling.
I desperately needed sleep because the next few days were going to be the longest of my life.