Chapter One

I folded the shirt and walked towards my suitcase, biting my lip and shoving the shirt in there.
"Fit for god sake." I whispered to myself, shoving on the contents of the suitcase.
I sighed, stepping back. I was screwed, there was no way all of my stuff was going to fit into the suitcase, absolutely no way at all.
"Right, time to get real Evan." I told myself,  pulling everything back out of my suitcase.
I was only going to Boston for a week but I'd packed enough for a month.
"Okay, okay." I murmured, rummaging through the clothes I just unpacked. "What do you really need Evan?"
I picked up a red dress, it was gorgeous and I looked okay in it too, which was always a bonus.
"This is a must." I whispered.  "For the rehearsal dinner."
I smiled, giggling to myself. A rehersal dinner, who would have thought.
I glanced at my dresser, smiling at the picture of my best friend. I missed her, a lot and I was looking forward to the next week and a half,  so I could spend time with her andddddd be Maid of Honor in her wedding!
IN HER WEDDING, my mind screamed, while I laughed out loud. Who ever would have thought that Amy would fall in love in Boston. Boston of all places.
I was sad that she was so far away from me, yet I was happy that she was happy, and she was, I could hear it in her voice during our nightly telephone call, and while I missed her terribly I was ecstatic that her and Boyd were tying the knot.
My phone suddenly pinged, alerting me to a message,  and I smiled picking it up.
It was Amy, like she sensed I was thinking about her.

Not long now

The text read and I smiled, typing my reply.

Only four dayssszsss

I pressed send, feeling excitement in the pit of my stomach,  excitement at being reunited with my best friend.

I wish you would just fly here

She replied and I sighed, I kind of did too.

A Road trip is what I need

I messaged back, biting my lip.

It wasn't exactly what I needed. The thought of driving from LA to Boston seemed like a ridiculous idea but my boyfriend, Scott insisted we do it.
"A break from all the daily crap." He told me, when he first suggested it and of course I agreed, I always agreed with him.
The other factor that contributed to my agreeing with him was the fact that I was terrified to fly. I'd never flown before and just the thought of it made me break out in a sweat and my chest would get tight.

Yeah yeah

Amy messaged back and I smiled at her bitchiness, I missed that as well.

Amy and I had grown up together,  meeting in grade school and being inseparable right up until she announced she was moving to Boston.
I was shattered, but I couldn't blame her. She'd been offered a once in a lifetime job and of course she had to take it. What I didn't expect was for her to meet her soul mate, fall in love, get married and live in Boston permanently, I hated being on the opposite side of the country from her, I really did.

"Oh well." I sighed, turning my attention back to my suitcase. "You get to spend a week with her." And I couldn't wait.

I turned my full attention to packing my suitcase and I giggled realizing some of the things I'd packed.
Why on earth I thought I would need 8 dresses was beyond me and I quickly hung them back in my wardrobe,  packing my nicest dresses.

Apparently Boyds family were quite well off and I wanted to make sure I looked the part when I finally met them.
"I can only try." I whispered, frowning to myself.
I was anything but well off, an ER nurse who worked her ass off just to make ends meet, Scott however, well he was doing great, but he was a tight ass when it came to money, which was probably the real reason we were driving to Boston.

It's just a jump to the left
Then a step to the riiiiiight

My phone suddenly started singing, indicating I had a call.
I glanced at the caller ID, smiling because it was Scott.
"Hi there. " I answered, looking at my suitcase, which could now close.
"How's the packing going?" He asked me.
"Finally finished." I told him. "Well except for my make up and stuff."
He chuckled down the phone at me. "Well you can't forget that Evangeline."
I frowned at the use of my full name, I hated it and no one but Scott used it, everyone else called me Evan.
"Yeah well." I mumbled. "What about you?" I asked. "Are you all packed?"
"Well." Scott said, clearing his throat. "About that."
I sighed, knowing he was going to tell me something I didn't want to hear.
"I can't leave tomorrow. " He said straightforwardly.
"What?" I snapped.
"There's a case, and Robert has asked me to sit with him in court."
"Seriously. " I hissed, trying to control my anger.
"Evangeline, please understand,  this is important, for me, for my future, for our future." He told me.
I closed my eyes, squeezing the bridge of my nose.
I knew it was important to him, he was trying to make partner in the firm and he was doing a shit ton of ass kissing to ensure he got it.
"I have to leave tomorrow." I told him flatly. "I have the bachelorette party, the rehersal dinner, I can't miss it."
"I completely understand." Scott said. "And that's why I decided you should leave tomorrow anyway, I'll fly out in time for the wedding. "
I stood there, lost for words. He was completely happy to let his girlfriend drive across the country, by herself?
"You can take the Audi of course." Scott went on and I scowled.
"Oh well then." I said sarcastically. "As long as I get the Audi."
How fucking big of him to offer me the car.
"Evangeline." He said softly, and I listened as there were voices in the background, obviously addressing Scott. "Look." He said abruptly. "I have to go, we will discuss this tonight." And the phone line went dead.
I sat on my bed, tears filling my eyes.
He'd let me down, again, yet here I was still shocked about it. Yes his career was important, but what about me? Wasn't I important?

WHAT THE HELL WAS I GOING TO DO?