Chapter 7 | We All Fall A Little Weak At Times

Om walked into the mansion, taking his wife by surprise. "Om? You were going to come tomorrow right?"

Om smiled a little at her.

"Why are you worried? Is something wrong?" It took Gauri not ome more moment to figure something was wrong. Om looked, tired.

"Where is Rudra?" Om asked, desperate. Gauri was confused.

"Is Rudy Bhaiya okay? He came home and just went to his room. Bhavya is out for work and I thought he might just be tired."

Om took her in a hug. "He's okay Gauri, it's not your fault. I'll go see him okay?"

Gauri nodded, feeling strange. What made Om come back from his meeting a day before?

Om quickly walked up the stairs to his room, leaving Gauri behind.

When he reached the door, he knocked it loudly. "Rudra, open the door!"

There was scrambling noises from the other side before a very messy Rudra came in his vision. The moment he saw Om, he crashed onto him, taking him in a hug. Om was startled.

Rubbing his hand on his back, he waited for Rudra to calm down. Walking him to the bed, still in a hug, he made Rudra sit.

"Rudra? What happened?"

"O I am a terrible person."

"Ssh. What are you saying Rudra? Who told you this?"

"O I can't hate Shivaay Bhaiya. When I came to know about him being released this morning, I wanted to see him O. When I shouldn't be." Rudra was now only sobbing, not being abke to look Om in the eyes.

"I waited for him to show up but he never did and I like the idiot I am even went to the flat."

Om looked at Rudra, clearly surprised. "Rudra-"

"I know Om. I just shouldn't have. I should have called you or maybe even Mom to talk me out of this but stupid me. When I went there, the door to the house was open. I was confused because why will anyone be so careless. I walked into the house and saw Shivaay Bhaiya just lying there, on the floor. I panicked and checked on him. He had fever. I tucked him to bed and even called the doctor." Rudra narrated in a small voice.

"Why can I not hate him O? Why did my heart almost stop when I saw him like that? I am not a good son. I am supposed to be angry. I am supposed to take pride if our father's murderer suffers but I can't. I am such a terrible person to actually feel sorry for a criminal, O I-"

"Sshh." Om took him in a fierce hug, Rudra's face pasted against his chest. "You are one of the best hearts in this world Ru. It's okay if you can't do this at times. Even I hurried back home when I got the call from the commissioner."

"It's not just today O. Whenever the whole family is here, I wish for Bhaiya and Bhabhi to be here. I am- I can't feel that happiness. I miss them so much. I SHOULDN'T. O, I shouldn't."

Om smiled sadly. What could he tell Rudra when he himself was no good? Why did God have to throw him in a situation where he didn't know how to react? At all. All his life, Om always respected and loved Shivaay. Shivaay was always a protector so how exactly was he supposed to react when the protector became the destroyer?

Why did Shivaay have to do this to him? Suddenly, taking up all responsibilities of Shivaay and Tej's as well was so difficult. Stepping up to support the family was something he never imagined. Shivaay never let him know how tough it was, he did it all so effortlessly. The two initial years, when Rudra was still completing his degree, Om had been a mess. At the office, everyone would look at him, waiting for him to tell them what was expected of them. To lead them and all Om could think of, was why was he so clueless?

He had hoped him mother would help him, she had handled her father's business for a larger part of her early twenties before handing them over to Tej. But, seemingly, taunting Anika and crying over fate was what held her interest. Om could admit he was bitter about being given so many responsibilities all of a sudden, except for the fact that the business was in a good position.

He could only wonder how Shivaay brought the company to such heights when the business was falling apart.

This made Om feel helpless and whenever Gauri would be disappointed, it would break Om a little more. At times, he would begin doubting why Gauri even paid attention to him when his family made her sister's life so difficult. She could have found anyone who would be willing to support both Anika and Gauri, who would meet her expectations.

Om looked down to see that Rudra had cried himself to sleep. Sighing, Om laid him down and walked out of the room, only to find Gauri standing there, deep in thought.

"You knew Shivaay jiju was being released today? So you came early to look after Rudra?" Gauri looked at him curiously. Om could not make out what she was trying to say. One of his many confusions were, did she call Shivaay, jiju just because she loved Anika more or did she do that to indirectly taunt the family? She had every right to and knowing his wife, she was very much capable of doing things she was not supposed to.

Om nodded.

"Om, if it is hurting everyone so much, could we not try forgiving. Nursing hate will only turn things for the worse." Gauri softly spoke, wishing that she would put her point across without angering Om.

Her wishes went unanswered when Om's eyes suddenly darkened. "Gauri, we have talked about this a lot of times. I have no intention of hurting your sister and I feel sorry that she has to face indifference as an Oberoi bahu but forgiving Shivaay will never get me my father."

"But it will liberate Rudy Bhaiya from the responsibility of hating an elder brother. When we fall weak at times, what do you expect of him, who has always looked at his brothers as his happy place?" Gauri's voice was fierce yet soft, owing to the fact that Rudra had just fallen asleep.

Om sighed, "Gauri, I do not want to discuss any of this." He walked off, leaving Gauri behind with a sad smile.

"How will you ever lie when you still call Di an Oberoi Bahu? When your eyes show how much you want your elder brother by your side."

---

Om angrily opened his cupboard, trying to contain his frustration. He was not supposed to get angry at Gauri. He harshly took out a kurta and turned only to bump into a smiling Gauri.

"What?" Om looked away.

"Why is my husband so angry?" gauri mused, circling her arms around his neck.

Om sighed and his shoulders relaxed. One of Gauri's 'rules'. To never bring the world to their bedroom. To forget everything that happened outside. It was something she had done for him, when initially she would be upset at how her sister would hear things from everyone. It amused Om when he saw her use it to her profit.

Smiling, he rested his hands on her waist. "I had a rough day. Plus, I didn't  see my gundi for three whole days. What do you expect, I should be peachy?"

Gauri chuckled. "Here I thought my husband was home to give me a surprise. Mujhe kaha pata tha, kaam hi lekar aa gaye?"

Gauri pointed to the stack of files Om had spread on the bed. Om sighed, joining his forehead with hers. At the end of the day, Gauri would never fail to assure him that she married him because she loved him. She would make sure he never slept feeling guilty or useless because her peaceful smile would assure him that everything will be alright if it isn't.

---

So? Thoughts?
Apparently I was not in the mood to write this one because at times I am just as clueless as you about what is to happen next :P

Would love to know what you think of this udpate? Also, I don't want to portray Om as ineffective. It is just a battle of his own self with his insecurity because he has taken careof the empire. Hope you guys don't confuse this with hate or something. I love Omkie :')

BlackManiacx