Chapter 24 Schedule Discussing and Debut Stage

Start from the beginning

Hyoyoo's dress

"Perfect" Mrs. Cha said. "Now you can go to the make-up and hair room" Mrs. Kang said. "Thank you" we said as we bow and head out of the dressing room and to the make-up and hair room. "Hello girls" Ms. Go said. "Good afternoon" we said. "The thing is, so that the make-up and hair won't wear out once we get there, we'll do the whole thing there. Are you okay with that?" Ms. Choi asked. "Of course" we said.

"Oh! PD-nim told me to tell you girls that you can reveal your soulmates if asked." Ms. Nam said. "Alright" Yerin said. "Are you all set now?" Ms. Kyung asked and we nod. "Great, the van is ready, let's go" Ms. Nam said and we get to the lift to go downstairs and into the van. The ride to the venue actually took about 2 hours so when we arrived it was almost 6 and the performance will start at 7. "Okay, now I think it's time for us to get you girls done" Ms. Go said.

We were instantly seated each in separate seats and we are being prepared by them, the make-up and hair artists. After half an hour, they finish doing our hair and make-up already. "All done" Ms. Kyung said. "Thanks Ms. Kyung, Ms. Go, Ms. Choi and Ms. Nam" we all said and bow and they, well returned the bow. "Let's just do our best girls" Yerin said and we nod. Half an hour passes by so quickly and now it was time for us to perform. "BLACKR HWAITING!" we all shout before coming out to the stage. We know the order of the songs we're performing already which is the order of tracks in the album. Elegant Beauty will be first and then Black Roses and then- wait we got new information from the producers and directors. They told us to just perform 3 songs because a debut stage should actually just be 1 song but they told us to do 3 so we discuss for a while and choose Black Roses, Transformation and then Hybrid.  

After that, the camera starts rolling and the music starts playing as it did. It's going to be live on YouTube and in some TV programs and also in here so we definitely have to do our best considering that this will be the start, our debut. We knew that our debut was a success seeing that there are fans in here watching and cheering for us. We start dancing to the song as the beat goes on. Luckily, we successfully finish dancing to Black Roses and we move on to the positions of Transformation. It was Hyoyoo's idea to make the choreographies of these 3 songs  connected to tell a story so the positions and moves correspond to the other ones. By the time we finish Transformation, Hybrid immediately starts and right now if I say that the moves don't tell a story then I would be lying. The choreographies really do tell stories about the whole thing, how it all started and what happened and how it ended, everything is told.

After we finish performing Hybrid, a roar of cheers was heard as we stood at the final pose. After the camera was turned off, we bow and the staff gives us chairs to sit on as there is going to be an interview. The interviewer steps out of backstage and sits down on the chair placed not far from us. We bow to her and then we sit down on our places. "Okay, now greet all of the viewers please" she said. "Okay 1 2 3 Black Roses! Annyeonghaseyo BlackR imnida!" we all said and applause can be heard throughout the whole venue. "You can just call me by Jaehee. Now first of all, who came up with the group name and fandom name?" Jaehee said. "She did" we all except Hyoyoo answer as we point at Hyoyoo and Hyoyoo smiles at her. "Oh.. then what does it mean? Every group and fandom name must have a meaning so what does your group's name and fandom name means?" Jaehee asked.

"We have a meaning for that but it's going to be so long" I said. "It's okay" Jaehee said motioning for Hyoyoo to explain. "BlackR stands for Black Roses and they're unique in their own ways and irreplacable so we want to say that we are like that. The petals resemble elegance, beauty, fortunes and everything good. While the thorns resemble flaws, mistakes and the bad traits of ourselves. So that means that every human is like that, imperfect. I recently thought of this, even though roses are imperfect, it's one of the most popular and beloved flowers. So let's just say that even though we are imperfect, we must learn to accept that and people will still accept and love us despite the imperfections" Hyoyoo explains and the fans cheered. "That has a nice ring to it. What about the fandom name, BlackLR? What is that supposed to mean?" Jaehee asked. "That also has a long and deep meaning so listen closely" Hayeon said.

"BlackLR stands for Black Lenten Roses or sometimes called Helleborus. It's a hybrid flower so with that we want the fans to respect their parents as if their parents didn't exist, they wouldn't either. They're black because it would mean that they're unique and they're beautiful which mirrors the fact that the fans are beautiful both inside and outside. Then the most important one is that Black Lenten Roses have, let's say the same surname as Black Roses which is Rose but they're actually not close-related at all so we want to say that the fans aren't close-related to us but share similar traits or even love. This is also thought recently which is the difference between BlackR and BlackLR is just the L in the middle. That is because we want the fans to be part of us, like in the middle and join us on the stage or something like that" Hyoyoo ends her explanation. "Woah..." Jaehee gasps and claps her hands as the crowd does as well.

"I heard that all of you are foreigners, is that true?" Jaehee asks. "It is actually. I'm from Beijing, Eun is from Hong Kong, and these two cousins are from London" Yerin said. "Then how did you meet and was there any problems when you did?" Jaehee asks again. "Well you see our parents sent us here. Then we met at the airport and then when we met we immediately click with one another. There was no language barrier because all of us could speak in Chinese and when we first met we spoke complete Chinese to one another. Rosangel and Chelsea can speak it because they're Chinese descendants even though they're English. We learnt more and more and now we speak in Korean" I explained. "How old are you girls again?" Jaehee asks. "We're 16 Korean age, 15 internationally" Hayeon said. "Your Korean is really nice" Jaehee said. "Thank you" we said.

"Now final question, have you find your soulmates?" Jaehee asks cheekily. A roar of screams and claps and cheers erupts from the audience. "Well all of us already found them. "Really? Can you reveal them?" Jaehee asks excitedly. "Me and Lia's soulmates are already revealed in an international competition. My soulmate is NCT sunbaenim's Jisung oppa. Hers is NCT sunbaenim's Lucas oppa" I said. "My soulmate is Stray Kids sunbaenim's Lee Know oppa" Hyoyoo said. "And mine is Stray Kids sunbaenim's Felix oppa" Hayeon said. "Wow... okay that's it for today. Thank you for coming and congratulations for your debut. Please greet the viewers again" Jaehee said for the last time. "1 2 3 Black Roses! Thank you!" we all said and bow and clap as the audience does too. We exit the stage and get back into backstage. "Good job girls" our make-up and hair artists said while clapping. "Thank you" we bow.

"Let's get that make-up removed and hair untangled." Ms. Choi said. We nod and they get to work. After they were finished, they quickly ushered us back to the van. It was really tiring so at the van everyone was sitting down quietly just looking at the scenery outside. Once we arrive back at the dorm, we bow in gratefulness and then get inside. The lights were off so we turn them on and then suddenly the boys all shout "CONGRATULATIONS!" We just stare at them not knowing what just happened. They literally have a cake for us.

"Umm.. what is this for?" Hyoyoo asks. "To celebrate my beautiful soulmate's group's debut stage of course" Minho said coming out and hugging and pecking Hyoyoo. "Who wants cake?" Jaehyun asks and we all raise our hands. "I'll cut them up" Chan said with Ana trailing behind him most likely going to help. "You can't have a celebration without us can you?" a voice said.

We turn our heads to see Suho and the rest of EXO and we immediately bow saying "EXO sunbae" in shock. "Congratulations" they said. "Thank you" we said. "Mind if we join?" Chanyeol asks. "Not at all" Johnny said. We end up having a mini celebration with NCT, Stray Kids and EXO with us. The atmosphere was really nice and cheerful. Then, we had to go to bed and our soulmates all stays. I do my night routine and plop down on my bed. Jisung comes up beside me and snuggles close to me. "Good night Eunhwa" he said. "Good night oppa" I said and let sleep take over me.