"I told them I would come tomorrow because I was too tired to go after shopping." I explained. Are you decent now?" I muttered the vision of them all sweaty and flushed as I walked in still haunting my brains.

"You can look now". I hear Rune's deep voice mutter and I peeked open one eye cautiously only to see Rune walking away to the kitchen fully clothed and Christopher's tall clothed form flushed in embarrassment from head to toe.

I huffed. "What happened to your bedroom?!" I threw my hands up totally exasperated.

He shrugged sheepishly. "We were being spontaneous. And Riley, " . He sighed. "I honestly didn't think you were coming back early."

"We're getting a new couch." I glared at him and he rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"No need, we didn't even cu-"

I dropped the bags on the floor, using my hands to plug them in my ears before he finished the sentence.

"Lalalala. Not listening." I walked away as he pouted. I had to cross the kitchen to get to the bathroom, glancing at Rune smirking as he slowly sipped a glass of water. I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled, spluttering some water on the floor.

When I finally reached my bedroom, that's when I unplugged my ears and saw Rain sitting on my bed.

"That was so gross!" He chuckled out and I shook my head amused at how funny he found this funny.

"I'm scarred for life." I said taking off my jeans jacket and walking over to the closet to hang it. I turned around only to see Rain staring at my stomach intensely, his gaze then raking itself up and down my body. I felt a blush rise to my cheek.

"W-w-what?" I chuckled nervously, my hand unconsciously going to my stomach that was more formed now.

He grinned, taking one more glance at my stomach then looking into my eyes. "I still can't believe you have a living human inside of you. The whole humans being born from someone's stomach never seemed to stop amazing me."

"Yeah, same here". I said walking closer to him, standing directly in front of him. "You wanna...you wanna..?" I trailed off in question and watched his eye widen in shock.

"R-really? You'd let me touch it?" I nodded stiffly, almost regretting agreeing with him because no one touched my stomach. I didn't exactly set that as a rule or anything but Rain and the rest of the gang knew me enough that I liked my space. Except Tony, of course.

"Go ahead." I said getting a hold of his shaking hands and placed it on top of the bump. I almost laughed at the tattooed and pierced guy for being so emotional about touching my stomach, but I guess it was very intimate.

I heard his breath hitch when it made contact with my small rounded stomach. "Woah. I never.." He visibly swallowed. "I never touched one before. I always thought it would be soft."

I giggled softly. "It's anything but that." I muttered as his hand roamed my stomach slowly as if he was reminiscing the feeling. He looked up at me, his eyes wide in awe.

"Is your belly button supposed to be poked out like that?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I hate it though, It looks like I have a mini erection". I scrunched my nose up at that and he barked out a laugh.

"Yeah, you're kind of right". He chuckled, and poked it softly.

I swatted his hand and pouted as he laughed louder, rolling over on my unmade bed.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny, you're forbidden from touching my stomach again". I said and smirked as his laugh died down.

"Okay okay I'm sorry. But you started it". He said and I rolled my eyes at his words, shoving him off the bed.

**

The next couple of weeks went by in a blink of eye. I had been able to hear the baby's heartbeat and literally spent ten minutes bawling when I did. I never heard something so peaceful and soothing in my life. It definitely made me go home that day and stare at the wall, the only thing repeating in my head constantly was the words 'this is real'. Not only did I hear the heartbeat but the baby had also developed and grown enough for us to be able to spot it right away when it came on the sonogram. My appointment had been the day after the awkward moment with Rune and Christopher, which was four weeks ago from today. I was currently due for another one tomorrow, much to my excitement.

I still hadn't heard from Jason either. I tried desperately to make myself busy, now that I was out of work, so I wouldn't think about how I was slowly dying inside. The only thing that picked me on days when Jason would come across my mind, was the baby. The doctor said stress was my worst enemy when it came closer to the due date which was almost four months away, and I wanted my baby to be healthy and strong. I didn't want him/her coming into the world with any birth defect because I wasn't taking care of myself.

Therefore, I made sure to take my vitamins everyday, and also preparing the nursery for the newborn; which Rain especially helped with. He was actually the one to surprise me with a new nursery furniture set; much to my disbelief. I had told him I didn't want charity from people just because I was only paid a few being a mail carrier and all. Eventually, I accepted the presents and thanked him; grateful to have him and the rest of the gang as friends.

I was brought out of my thoughts as a loud beeping sound suddenly came from my phone, I frowned instantly thinking it was Rain coming to bring more furniture for the nursery. Imagine my surprise when I saw Jason's name come in sight as I opened the text.

Please come outside. -Jason