20 | Late Confessions

Start bij het begin

"You really don't see it?"

"See what?"

"Zaya, I taunt him day in and day out and he doesn't nothing, not even a look. I say messed up shit that shouldn't be said and still nothing." His eyes looked deeply into mine. His features straightens. "But if I so much as look at you..." His voice was low and intimidating. My heart began to race as he leans in closer.

"Speak to you.." One of his hands slide down the lockers and placed it on my waist. "Touch you..." His eyes shift down to my lips then back at my eyes. He steps back, allowing me to release the breathe I had been holding.

"I'm good as dead."

No words could come to mind. I don't know how to respond to that. My mind is telling me lies, but my heart is telling me otherwise.

"He cares about you, a lot. Maybe even likes you... I don't know. But what I do know for sure is that I care about you and I would never do anything to hurt you." Before I could respond he leans forward placing his soft lips on my forehead. I closed my eyes tight waiting for it to be over soon.

When he pulled away I kept my eyes shut for little longer. But when I finally opened them he was gone.

I looked down the hall to see if there were any witnesses. But there wasn't any, I was all alone. I felt my chest tighten suddenly and my palms began to sweat.

I need air.

I need to breathe.

He doesn't like me, he doesn't even care about me. Trey is just delusional, maybe he hit his head during that fight.

It's impossible, it's ridiculous, it's one hundred percent-

"I never would have guessed you go to West Bridge." My heart throbbing in fear as I stood there on the sidewalk. Slowly, my brain picked up my feet to turn around. "West Bridge is full of snobby rich kids who assume their better."

My legs twitched, fighting the impulse to whirl around and run for it.

"Colten." I breathe out.

"In the flesh." He smiles wickedly as he stood their leaning his back against one of the trees in front of the school.

My heart literally stopped when he started making his way towards me.

Run Zaya.

What are you doing, RUN!

No matter what I told myself my feet would not move. When his eyes fixate on my red flannel I wrap my arms around myself. "Whats your favorite color? Mine is red..."

He takes a step closer.

"Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion. On one hand, you have happiness, falling in love, and passion." He takes his hands holding the collar of my flannel. His eyes look deep into mine as his smile disappears. "And on the other hand, you've got obsession, anger, danger, and my personal favorite... fear."

When hes done fixing my collar and his hands drop to his side, I find myself able to breathe again. He looks at me like it was my turn to say something.