Chapter Two

Eventually, Albus and James woke up our parents. They got the best verbal beating ever! The most hilarious part, was that James was too embarrassed to admit that I tricked him. He didn't say a word to our parents about my role in the fight. He was furious with me, and Albus was furious with him. It was by far, the best way to wake up my family.

It took forever, but eventually it was time to leave for King's Cross. The three of us grabbed our trunks and waited for our parents in the living room.

James, holding Squirrel's cage, his brown owl, glared in my direction,"You're not getting out of what you did. Mom and Dad are constantly going to be on my case now."

"It's not my fault that you're constantly getting detention. They have a good reason to pay attention to your behavior," I pointed out.

"Let's not argue again, okay? At least not until we get to school. We don't want Dad and Mom to hear us." Albus butted into our debate.

"We all know that you only say that because you're a goody two shoes." James teased, trying to ruffle his hair. Albus swatted his hands away and picked up his snowy owl's cage.

I rolled my eyes, and pet Padfoot, our German Shepard goodbye. He jumped up on me, causing my small frame to fall onto the floor. He licked my face causing Albus and James to laugh at me, before pulling the dog away.

I stood up, thinking Where are our parents? They're taking forever.

Speak of the devil, or in this case think, because they chose this moment to enter the room.

They made sure we had everything and were prepared to leave. Then, they each held out an arm to apparate. James and I took each of our father's arms and Albus took our mother's. With a squeezed feeling, in a span of a few seconds, we were at the apparition point.

The three of us ran ahead to grab trolleys and find platform 9 3/4.  Once our parents caught up, we ran into the wall.

Now that it was my turn to go to Hogwarts, I saw everything in a new light.  The red train that took away my brothers each year, was now my ride to the place I've always wanted to see.  Soon I would leave my parents and get to experience something entirely new! I wonder what house I'll be in! I couldn't help but wonder.

The five of us approached the sea of red hair, our family. Before I could reach them, I was tackled by my best friend and cousin, Hugo. It's his first year at Hogwarts too.

"Hugo! I saw you yesterday! You don't have to be dramatic!" I exclaimed.

He hugged me tighter, "Yeah, but it feels like forever! I'm too excited to not be dramatic!" He started to pull me over to the rest of the group.

"Aren't you at least a little bit nervous?What if we're put in Slytherin! We won't know anyone! We'd be all alone!" I started to yell.

Before he could answer, Uncle George ruffled my hair and entered our conversation, "But you'd make such a cute little Slytherin!"

"I'm not little!" I argued.

"Yes, you are," Albus teased, "You barely reach my shoulders and I'm only two years older than you."

"You're just unnaturally tall!" I retorted.

"Kids, stop fighting!" our mother chided us, "Come over here and say goodbye. The train's going to leave soon."

She and my father hugged James and Albus before hugging me. I embraced my mother first. While she told me to write and such, I noticed Dad having what looked like a serious talk with my brothers. I absentmindedly agreed with my mom and approached my father. Man, now he's going to talk to me too. I hope it's nothing too bad.

Surprisingly, he hugged me tight, told me to be good and to write. Nothing serious at all. Huh, that's weird.

I picked up my trunk and my brothers picked up their trunks and owl cages. Then they started to lead me to the train. I decided against getting an owl and opted to borrow Albus' every once in a while. I can be scatterbrained and I fear I would forget to take care of it.

As I followed my brothers, suddenly, my trunk slipped out of my hands and my feet left the ground. I screamed. What's happening? I felt strong arms around my torso and I started to panic.

"You were going to leave without saying goodbye?" I heard in my ear.

"Teddy!" I exclaimed, "I thought you were on an auror mission!"

He set me down so he could hug me properly, "I wouldn't miss this for the world, Lilybug. This is one of the most important days of your life." He hugged me tight.

"Love you, Lily.  Have a fun time at Hogwarts, cause lots of trouble and write me.  Don't forget to tell me your house.  No matter what happens, I'll always be proud of you." He released me, but I held on for an extra second.

I kissed my god-brother's cheek, grabbed my trunk, waved goodbye and ran onto the train. 

I didn't know that my life would be forever changed by what happened next.