Chapter 72: The Drinking Game

Start from the beginning

"I did what?" Julie said.

-----------

"You're being so lame!" Julie exclaimed through a fit of laughter. "Seriously, this is disgusting but it tastes like a fun time."

"Julie, do you realize what you just said?" John responded, laughing at how drunk his best friend was. "Besides, I am drinking. Just one bottle every one and a half hours so that I can stay sober and drive all you crazy kids home."

"Bree isn't drinking, you aren't drinking," Julie slurred. "It's like the world is upside down. Like--" She pushed Kitty, who was dancing around in circles, out of the way and did a handstand, which was impressive for about two seconds until she fell. "Whoa..." she mumbled as she lay flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling. "I don't like it upside down."

John helped her off the ground and said, "You really should stop drinking too much, don't you think?" he asked her. 

"I've only had two beers," she said.

"That's enough for you, Jules," he reminded her. She stared at him for a second and then burst into laughter, nodding.

"Oh yeah!" she exclaimed through her giggles. "Here, chug this and I'll stop drinking!"

She handed him her cup, which she had put down next to the karaoke system, and he hesitantly took it. 

-----------

"I make it a rule not to drink out of cups," John said. "Just bottles and occasionally cans; it's safer that way. And as soon as I drank from Julie's cup, I started getting dizzy. Everything from there is a blur."

"So you think it was something in the drinks?" asked Jake.

"No way," Sugar shook her head, moving her sunglasses onto the top of her head so she could see them. "Shana, Bree and I prepared those drinks. Nobody touched them. It had to have been something else."

"Maybe you just needed that one cup to push you to the limit," Julie suggested.

John shrugged. "Whatever it was, it took effect then," he said.

"We played the game just after Dan started stripping," said Unique. "It's coming back, I mean, you don't get over an image as disturbing as that one very easily. And I remember the game now."

"What was it?" Shana asked.

"We were reenacting songs," Unique explained. "Something about it being a great acting exercise."

"Who's dumb idea was that?" Jake scoffed.

"Yours, I think," Unique told him. His face went slightly pink as the others made fun of him.

"Oh my gosh!" exclaimed Julie. "Is that why we came here? John and I sang 'Waking Up in Vegas' so if we were reenacting those prom songs and were stupid enough to actually come and try to wake up in Vegas--"

"That's ridiculous," Ryder responded.

"Yet here we are," she motioned her hand above her to signal their surroundings.

"This is a good thing," Jake said suddenly. "We know what we were up to, so we can retrace the steps the songs would've taken us through and find out where the others are."

"True," Unique nodded, liking this idea. "Since we know we obviously didn't have any limits, getting ourselves all the way to Vegas, then we know there wasn't anything we didn't do, right?"

"How does the song go?" Ryder asked Julie and John, who looked at each other for a moment and then turned away.

"Umm..." Julie said, remembering what had happened when she woke up and feeling embarrassed. She cleared her throat and started tapping the table.