see you at rehearsals, princess (2)

kaycees pov

it had been a few days since the audition for the musical and kaycees mind had been really ever since. From being on stage, to singing IN FRONT OF PEOPLE, to her conversation with him... especially that.

It wasn't like kaycee had never talked to a boy before, but not many people had ever noticed her like he did. she wasn't well know, like some other girls she knew, with guys constantly fawning over them. No one had ever really pursued her, so to speak, shed never had a boyfriend, never even been asked on a date or been asked for her number. She was kind of embarrassed about it, 16 and never been kissed... Kaycee had kind of accepted the fact that she just wasn't the kind of girl that a guy wanted, too small, too innocent, too shy. but he had been different, she had felt like he had seen her, he had smiled at her. She replayed their conversation in her head on repeat, but reminded herself that it was probably what he did to all his girls, and did she even remember his reputation? She tried to keep him of her mind, but it proved almost impossible, his brown eyes were permanently engraved in her memory.

Kaycee had told Tahani about her small interaction with the boy, causing her friend to warn her.

"kaycee, you know the rumours about him! he's bad news girl!" tahani said, as she braided her friends hair, as she had done every weekend for years.

"I know T... but no guys ever talked to me like that, he said that I was a good singer! not that I believe him entirely, but its still nice to hear... and he doesn't seem like the player that everyone says he is..." she trailed off, embarrassed of the effect the boy already had on her.

"im sure you were incredible k, but be careful around him. I just don't want you to get hurt." she said softly, giving her friend a hug from behind as she finished her hair.

"I know tahani, and I love you for it." she said, smiling up at her best friend.

"moving on..." her friend continued, "why do you insist in keeping these beautiful locks tied up all the time? its always in braids or a pony or a bun... it looks so pretty down kaycee." she whined.

"I don't like it down, it looks awful." kaycee protested, "cmon' lets go get some popcorn and watch a movie."

~~~

seans pov

"Miss Janelle said that the cast list was going to be posted at the end of the day today." Sean said, as him and Julian walked back to their lockers, still having a few minutes til the end of classes.

"you think you got the lead?" Julian asked, as he put his binders into his already packed locker. Julian wasn't really interested in theatre, he couldn't sing, but he always supported Sean in the musicals, enjoying how happy they made him.

"I hope so, and I hope she's rapunzel..." he replied, a small smile formed on his face as he remembered their short interaction a few days prior.

"wows she really got you wrapped her around your finger dude..." he is friend have a smirk, happy that Sean was happy. "I have to meet this girl."

"she's just... I can't even describe her... she's so different than the others, she's.... real." Sean stuttered, at a loss for words about the girl.

"cmon' dude. lets go check the class list," Julian said, gesturing to the clock positioned on the wall, 2:30, the end of classes. Sean beamed at his friend and they both walked towards the drama room.

They filled the walk there with jokes and discussions about the homework they had, a few minutes later they had reached the bulletin board, a crowd of people surrounding the small sheet of paper.

"busy place..." Julian joked, nudging Sean, who was buzzing with excitement beside him. "what are you waiting for? Go check!" pushing him into the crowd.

Sean maneuvered his way through to the thing he was looking for. He scanned the list for his name, he found it and moved his eyes to the right to see Flynn Rider written. Sean beamed, ecstatic about his role. Then he remembered her... He looked up the list to find the name, Kaycee Rice, he took a deep breath, wishing that she was rapunzel, he cautiously looked beside her name to find exactly what he was looking for. Rapunzel was written with a small smiley face beside it, he could tell Miss Janelle had already taken a liking to the new girl, as had he. His heart soared, but he kept it inside, congratulating the people around him on their roles, and receiving buckets of praise for securing the lead. He scanned the crowd for any sight of her, but to no avail.

"so?...." Julian asked as Sean took steps to where his friend was leaning against the lockers.

"I got the lead!" Sean said, a smile forming on his face "and she's rapunzel." he ran his hands through his hair, thinking about the amount of time he'll get to spend with her.

"way to go bud!" Julian gave him a high five. "where is she? I gotta meet this leading lady."

"im not sure... I haven't seen her yet. can we wait here a couple minutes to see if she shows up?" sean asked, his friend agreed, still in awe over the effect this girl had on him.

Just as they turned back to look towards the cast list, Sean saw her, and what he inferred was her friend Tahani, turn the corner and head towards the bulletin board. Seans heart raced, nudging Julian and whispering Its her.

~~~

"I really hope I made it in T..." kaycee said as they headed towards the drama room, nervous about checking the cast list that Miss Janelle had posted.

"im going to be so proud of you either way Kaycee." tahani smiled. The two girls turned the corner, not noticing anything but the paper on the board. Kaycee took quick steps over and ran her finger over the names until she found hers. She moved it to the right, making sure she had aligned her name with the right role. Rapunzel.

"OH MY GOD!" kaycee exclaimed, "I GOT THE LEAD!" she jumped up and down, grabbing her best friends hands.

"I knew you could do it rice!" Tahani pulled her into a hug, incredibly proud of the girl for stepping out of her comfort zone. Kaycee and Tahani were so busy celebrating that they hadn't noticed 2 people walk over to join them.

"hey" kaycee froze, immediately recognizing the voice she was supposed to hate, but couldn't help being draw to. She slowly turned around to find him standing there, a smirk on his face.

"hi." she replied, looking at the ground, his presence making her mind race.

"I saw you got the lead," she could tell he was smiling at her, but she didn't dare look up to check. "congratulations." he spoke to her with a softness she wasn't used to, like he was scared she would shatter if he raised his voice to high.

"thanks." a blush rose to her cheeks. "what did you get cast as?" she had completely forgotten about her friend standing behind her or the other boy standing behind Sean.

"i'm flynn rider." at this, kaycee looked up to meet his eyes. the news that she was his opposite made her knees shake and her heart flutter, whether from nerves or excitement, she wasn't sure. Kaycee was shaken out of her thoughts by a new voice, directing itself towards her.

"so you're the girl with the beautiful eyes sean's been telling me about for the last few days." he extended his hand out to kaycee, earning a bump to the head from his friend and a push to his arm, sending it back down to his side.

"shut up Jules." Sean half whispered, not wanting to make kaycee uncomfortable.

tahani sensed her friends nerves and stepped forward.

"sorry boys, we've got places to be." she said, grabbing her best friends hand.

"thats a lie T." kaycee protested, but she was useless against tahani's strength as she pulled them away.

"kaycee!" she heard him call, turning her head. "see you at rehearsals princess." a smirk on his face. her face burned with a blush as returned a small smile and followed tahani out the doors of the school.

__________________

an// let me know what you guys thought of chapter 2! 

chapter three will be posted by the end of today:)

-love you guys!