Tina's eyes traveled to her closet. She opened the door and looked at the dress inside. Part of her was still amazed that Newt had been so willing to buy the dress for her. She closed the door and left her room, making her way down to the basement to find Newt.

She stopped on a landing and glanced around the room. Newt emerged from an enclosure and Tina quickly made his way over to him.

"Newt!" she called.

He stopped and turned. Seeing her, he set down the bucket he was carrying and pulled out his handkerchief to wipe his hands. He grinned at her.

"Hello, Tina. What do you want?"

"I -- I wanted to thank you," she said.

"What on earth for?"

Tina blushed slightly. "For -- for everything you did for me yesterday. You -- you bought me the dress--"

"Which, I noticed, you didn't even wear." Newt gave her a hurt look.

Tina swatted at his arm. "I wasn't going to wear the dress just because Tolliver told me to. I hate dresses."

Newt pouted. "So you didn't like my present?"

"Newt," she groaned. "I love that dress and I'll wear it on a special occasion but wearing it on a date with Tolliver just -- It just seemed wrong somehow."

Newt blushed slightly. "Well, I'm glad you like it."

"Now you've distracted me," Tina complained. "I was trying to thank you for being there for me last night. At the time, I didn't want to see you because I didn't want you to see that I was injured and I didn't want to have to explain what happened to you. I shouldn't-- I -- I should have known you wouldn't have expected me to explain."

Newt took a careful step forward. "Tina, I'm never going to make you do anything you're not comfortable doing."

Tina smiled at him. "I know. You've proved that enough times. I wasn't thinking clearly. I -- I was still in shock."

Newt reached up and barely touched the left side of her face. His touch was so gentle and it sent shivers down her spine.

"Newt, I wanted to tell you what happened last night."

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Tina," Newt said.

"No, I want to," Tina insisted. "We -- Tolliver took me out to eat and he was talking the whole time. At the end of the meal, he asked me --" Tina blushed. She found herself struggling to say the next words. "He asked me to marry him." She studied Newt's face for a reaction. His expression didn't change but she saw some form of emotion flash through his eyes. "I didn't know what to do," she continued. "I ran off. Tolliver followed me. He started accusing me of cheating on him with you. He said that was why I was staying at your house. I tried to explain what had happened but he slapped me. I -- I Disapparated immediately."

Newt was looking at her carefully. "But you didn't get home until one?"

"I -- I spent that whole time just walking through London. I didn't want to risk Tolliver finding me and -- and I didn't want to see you. I didn't realize you'd be waiting for me. I should have known. You're the only person who really cares about me now."

"What about Jacob and Nagini? They care," Newt pointed out.

Tina smiled slightly. "I know, but you care the most." 

She looked up into his face. He offered her a smile. Taking a tiny step forward, she leaned in and pressed her lips to his. Ever since their kiss that night, she had longed to feel his lips on hers again. She slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. He responded by placing his hands on her lower back, pulling her closer. They kissed slowly, their lips moving in perfect sync. Tina's hand slid up into his hair, her fingers tangling in the soft locks. As Newt's lips moved against hers, all doubts were erased from her mind.

They broke apart, breathing heavily. Tina stared into his eyes.

"That might not have been the best idea," Newt murmured.

"Newt," she stammered. "I -- I want -- I need -- I don't -- I--" She stopped speaking, trying to collect her thoughts. One thing was clear in her mind and she needed to say it.

"Newt, I -- I love you," she whispered.

"You love me?" Newt breathed. Tina nodded. "What about Tolliver?"

"I don't love Tolliver anymore," she explained. "I -- I've been wondering if I did for a long time. Queenie was right, he's a taker. You said she called you a giver. That's why being around you makes me feel so much better than being around Tolliver. I didn't understand why I enjoyed being around you so much. Part of me wondered if I loved you but I didn't think that was possible. Now I see I was wrong. I do love you. I really, really love you."

She watched Newt carefully, afraid that he would react badly. His grip on her tightened. "I love you too, Tina," he murmured. "I've loved you for a long time."

"Why didn't you say anything?" she asked.

"You loved Tolliver. I didn't think you could love me."

"But you kissed me," Tina pointed out.

"I know." Newt looked sheepish. "I couldn't help myself. You're so beautiful and you were crying and I loved you. I couldn't stop myself."

"I'm glad you kissed me," Tina said.

"But it led to so much pain."

"It doesn't matter. At least I know how I feel now."

Newt smiled. He leaned forward and kissed her again. She leaned in further, deepening the kiss. Kissing Newt felt wonderful. . . . Kissing Newt felt right.

A/N: I'm done! It took me longer than I had hoped because I kept getting distracted by Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I was Korok hunting. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment.

Have a good day!

Bye!