Chapter 34 - Where Are They?

Start from the beginning

"I agree." As soon as we pulled into the driveway, "Shane, Austin, and Marco, Julian suggests that we move everyone to another house. We need to make sure Bliss is safe from Chase, so he doesn't kidnap her too."

Shane says, "Everyone can stay at our house, but we don't have anything for the babies to sleep in - Logan, Kekoa, and Isabella. Braelyn and Día can share a room. Rocco and Devin can share a room. Each room has a king-size bed in it. We can buy some things on the way to the house."

"But, we shouldn't all leave at the same time. How about you and Austin take Bliss, Braelyn, Andrea, Mason, Kim, Isabella, and Día? I'll pack for Isabella and Dia. The boys will come with me and Marco."

"I think Layla left Braelyn's things in her suitcase. I'll grab Braelyn and Kim's bags." Austin went into the house.

"I'll go tell Bliss and Kim what we are doing."

Shane walked away. I still can't believe I am calm knowing that my wife is gone. We went inside the house and told everyone the plan. Then, they all went to their rooms to pack up their things. The kids are going to be devastated when I tell them what happened. How can I stay strong when my queen and rock is gone?! And, I have no idea where to even start looking for Kamea and Layla.

I went into Isabella's room and packed a bag for her. Then, I went to Día's room to pack for her. When I saw the picture of Kamea, Día, and Isabella, I slid down onto the floor and lost it. They wore matching t-shirts that said, "The Fiore Girls." The emotions finally overcame me.

"Aww, Cris." My mother came and sat with me on the floor. "Son, I am so sorry this happened. That guy is a devil!" My mom pulled me into a hug and let me cry.

"Bliss said it happened so fast. They tried to fight the kidnappers, but a gun was then pointed at them. I think she is blaming herself for what happened. No way this is her fault."

"Adrian and I will talk with Bliss. How about I finish packing for the kids? I'll come back for you."

"Voglio bene alla tua mamma. (I love you, mom.) And, thank you."

My mom got up and finished packing. Me, I just sat on the floor looking at the picture. Once my mom was done, I helped her, and we walked downstairs with the kids' bags.

Shane's POV

We have to find Kam and Layla. Bliss is already heartbroken about losing her grandmother and Jessica. And, she is blaming herself for what happened. No way am I showing Bliss that text Chase sent about kidnapping her. Over my dead body will he come anywhere near Bliss.

"Shane, here is Día's bag. Will you be able to take Isabella too? I have a bag for her too. Where is Bliss?" Cris' mum asked.

I took Día and Isabella's bags. "Sure. We have plenty of room in the truck for the girls. Bliss is in the living room with my mum."

"Okay. Thanks."

After carrying the kids' bags and ours, I went into the living room to comfort my bride.

My mum and Isabela were reassuring Bliss. My mum scooted over so I could sit down. Then, I wrapped my arms around Bliss and pulled her into my chest.

"Sweetheart, ready to go home?" My poor baby's eyes were red from her tears.

"Yes, I am."

"Braelyn and Día are coming with us."

"What about Isabella? I have to take care of her because it is my fault Kam is gone."

This is going to be hard. "Isabella is coming with us. Sweetheart, nobody blames you for this. That Chase character is disgustingly sick! He is a coward! He had someone pull a gun on you and the ladies. Everyone here will do all we can to find Kam and Layla. Count on it."