Chapter 24 - And The Gender Is?

Layla's POV

January was relatively quiet - at least for us. Ryan plucked my nerves, asking if I was okay every five minutes. I plucked his nerves with my late-night cravings. 

Braelyn had her very first kiddie party. Austin, Bliss, and Shane came over to help us supervise the kids. We had a great time.

We had a huge snow storm, with almost 3 feet of snow. Ryan and Braelyn bonded more than ever. They played in the snow together, and even built a snowman. Austin also came over and played in the snow with them. And, when they came inside, I had hot chocolate with marshmallows waiting for them. Ryan and Austin even let Braelyn and I pelt them with snowballs one day.  Of course, he got us back. Austin tickled Braelyn. For me, Ryan made sure I was thoroughly pleased for several hours.

Business was great. I talked to Cris and he told me the office building and store location in Milan will be ready by March. I would just need to pick a day for the grand opening. I talked it over with Ryan and we are going to wait after our honeymoon and the baby is born.

The biggest thing that happened was Austin started dating. Her name was Julia. He actually met her about a week after we got home from Florida in December.

 He actually met her about a week after we got home from Florida in December

She appeared nice the first time I met her. But, a part of me is reserved about her - like she is going to be trouble. All I know is if she lays a finger on Braelyn, I am going to hurt her.

I had to put her in her place one time because she got an attitude as to why I was coming over so much. I told her, "Honey, first off Braelyn was around before you. I am NOT here to see Austin. OUR daughter wants to see her father. So, Austin has a right to see his daughter. I DO NOT want Austin. I am happily married. What Austin and I had is in the past."

After that, she didn't say anything again.

The only thing on my mind is the gender reveal party and what my baby is. I can't wait. I'm not sure Valerie is, but I know my mom will go overboard with the party. But, I don't mind because it is a happy occasion.

We are riding with Bliss and Shane on his private jet.

******************************

Friday, February 8th, 2019

Layla's POV

"Hey Bliss, I see you now have on a walking boot."

"On my last appointment in January, the doctor said the bone healed well. Some of my ligaments in my ankle were slightly torn. So, that is why I have the boot."

"So far, how do you like dating?"

"I like it a lot. I know we have just started dating since November, But I have done things I never thought I would do. On our first date in New York, Shane fixed a beautiful dinner, had roses all over the living room and dining room. We even played Madden football, and one of the presents he got me was a kitten. I named her Precious."