Extra: Connor POV

Start from the beginning

"What are you even watching?" Aiden was squinting at the laptop screen. Connor moved it onto his lap, so he could see better.

"Goddammit Connor." Aiden muttered annoyed.

"What?"

Aiden tapped his stomach. "That's Hugh's show."

"It's my show now." Connor said, "Watch it with me."

Aiden grumbled something under his breath, Connor thought he was calling him names and he couldn't help but smile. Aiden also left his arm on his stomach as he lay down next to Connor.

Connor pretended not to notice.

He eyed the door, wondering if Lucas would be coming in looking for Aiden. Probably not for another while, given that the hum of voices was as loud as the music. Plus, the door was locked. Had Aiden done that on purpose? No. Connor knew that he'd done it to make sure no other party goers came in.

Still...

"Lift your head up." Connor asked. Aiden complied, and Connor sank completely down onto the bed, pulling the covers up. He guided Aiden back down, who didn't hesitate in using Connor's shoulder as a pillow. It was like the pit of his stomach had a heartbeat of his own, and Connor started to have a few crazy thoughts.

Aiden was lying against him, didn't that mean he wanted something too? No, Connor knew, it didn't. Aiden had checked Connor out before, questioned him about his sexuality, but Connor had never gotten the impression that he was really, truly interested in him. His focus had been Lucas from the start.

Connor didn't even care. But he'd heard the delicious sounds Aiden could make, and he couldn't help it if he liked those noises. Just attraction. You don't have to act on attraction.

"Have you talked to Evie?" Aiden asked.

Connor closed his eyes as Aiden's had stretched out over his abdomen, straightening out the wrinkles of his shirt. "I skyped her earlier today. Apparently, she'll be going through Ireland again next month."

"Tell her to come see us." Aiden said.

Come see us. Connor opened his eyes to glare at the ceiling. Just attraction. Nothing else. It didn't matter that Aiden called them an us.

"Tell her yourself." Connor said.

"You know her dad used to just stare at the ground?" Aiden said, "He was meant to be bird watching but he'd just pick out bits of soil to stare at as if the birds were going to come up from the earth."

"Richard was cool." Connor had really liked the man.

"Really cool." Aiden agreed, "And bizarre. Evie was cooler. She was fun."

"She was." Connor agreed.

"What about the guy from the festival?" Aiden twisted around to see Connor's face. "Was he fun?"

"If you wanted to know how fun he was, you should have come with me." Connor replied coyly.

"I didn't even know the dude's name." Aiden propped himself up on an elbow, his weight half resting on Connor. "I was still getting my head around the whole liking guys thing, I wasn't ready to go hook up with a stranger."

"You'd only have been hooking up with one stranger." Connor said, "I was there too."

"You're a lot braver than I am." Aiden shook his head.

Connor studied the curve of his neck and noticed a few hickies at the base of his throat. "Have you and Lucas had sex yet?"

Aiden jolted. The glossiness cleared from his eyes and they turned that vibrant blue Connor loved.