Chapter 17: Two Month's Later

2 months later….

It’s now February and tomorrow is the day I undergo the second task, and things haven’t exactly been going to well. Sarah and I are still amazing friends but she’s been acting a little strange ever since I told her that we had to go to the lake for the challenge. Then there was Harry, both of us have been stressing out like crazy. We haven’t found anything that will help us with the task yet and we’ve gone to the library every day since Christmas. The good thing is that were bonding a lot more now. I can now read Harry like an open book. I even uncovered his secret crush on a girl named Cho Chang. The bad thing though is just like me, I’ve noticed that Harry has been losing sleep. Both of us have had the strangest dreams lately, he dreams of Voldemort, wormtail and someone else plotting to kill us, meanwhile I dream of the same creepy graveyard every night. My sketch book is filled with drawings of it since it’s been a habit of mine to sketch my dreams. Let me tell you that my old sketch book got filled with some really creepy drawings all of last year.

Then there were the constant meetings with Dumbledore. They were going awful. At the begging I got spells right without my wand but lately I’ve been getting too frustrated and accidently blowing things up. Well at least most of the times it was an accident, other times I was just so fed up that I blew petty stuff up.

Things with George and I weren’t going much better, every time we were alone the time would be spent in awkward silence. I never did learn what he was going to say to me on Christmas before he got the snowball thrown at his face and maybe I never will. I just want things to go back to normal. George is becoming clumsier and stutter’s more while around me.

Just this morning when I went to go sit with George, Fred, and Lee, the only seat available was next to George so I sat next to him. He ended up spilling his pumpkin juice all over me; which is why right now I’m up in my dorm, wishing the Yule ball had never happened.

I think one thing that was even worse was that Valentine’s Day was the day after the task. The halls filled with more and more couples each day. It was sickening. They were even letting us out of classes so we could go to Hogsmeade with our “Sweet hearts” McGonagall’s words not mine.  It was even worse that my birthday just happened to be on Valentine’s Day.  Of all 365 days I had to be born on the day of “Love”. It’s ironic really considering I’m the least romantic person you could ever imagine.

 I wish he would ask me out for Valentine’s day. Wait no I don’t. Oh who am I kidding yes I do. I am totally love struck by his amazing hazel eyes. But I would never admit that to anyone.

I check my watch, 8:50.

Great, I have 10 minutes to change and get down to the dungeons for potions.

I quickly put on a pair of skinny jeans (Yes I’m aware there not of uniform but everything else is dirty) and a new blouse, followed by my Gryffindor tie. I put my robes on over top grab my wand and my books and rush down stairs.

I check my watch again. 5 minutes.

I sprint down the halls; I make it down to the dungeons just as the bell rings. I run to the door Snape sees me and purposely slams the door shut.