Chapter 11

I woke up early the next morning. No one else was awake so I slowly crept to the bathroom, my robes in hand. I locked the door behind me.

I turned on the cold water in the sink and splashed it into my face. The refreshing water trickled down my neck and sent a shiver through my body. I quickly put on some fresh robes and threw my old ones into the hamper. Then I tackled the challenge that is my hair. Without being successful with my brush I just decided to use my wand and let it fall freely. I didn’t bother with any make up, it was kind of annoying to have to reapply every so often so I just quite all together.

I exited the bathroom and tip-toed down to the common room, which was empty. I decided to use this time to write back my parents I was still curious as to what was in the box but I wasn’t allowed to open it until the night of the event. But what event did she mean? Could she possible have met the Yule ball? Maybe.

I grabbed a quill and some parchment and wrote out the letter about five times before I thought it was good enough to send.

Mom and Dad,

I’m really sorry for not writing back but I thought you wouldn’t let me go if I had told you and I would have written sooner to tell you I was okay but I thought you would bring me home. Anyways, I was wondering if what was in the package was meant for the Yule ball, if it is could you tell me please? And about me behaving myself that’s impossible, I have trouble written all over me, and it probably doesn’t help that I hang out with Fred and George. I think there a bad influence on me.  And Mom STOP worrying so much. Seriously it’s just not good for you. I love and miss you both with all my heart and I can’t wait to come home or summer. And in case you were wondering I’m really enjoying Hogwarts, I’ve made a lot of great friends, well really my closet friends are Fred, George and Lee but I have a lot of other one’s too. And it’s also been really great getting to know Harry. He’s also doing well, though I suppose he could be doing better, if I was his age and hadn’t had the education that I did I would be extremely scared, though he’s doing really well to mask the fear to everyone but me. I can tell he’s scared and I’ve been trying to help him but I guess I’m still not a great big sister. Any way’s write back soon!

~Your angelic daughter Rockelle

I laughed at how I signed it, I’m anything but angelic. I sealed the letter in an envelope and set it in my pocket, I would send it when Athena came with the rest of the owl’s at breakfast.

Soon, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I checked my watch and saw it was only 7:30, it couldn’t be any of my friends, none of them believe in getting up early. I continued to stare out the window when someone grabbed my waist from behind.

I let out a small shriek then heard laughter from behind me. “Fred! George! Lee! I’m going to kill you!” I screamed at them.

“You would never kill us Rockelle” Said George

“Yeah were you’re best friends” Fred said

“Yeah you’re right, but I would curse you arses” I said grinning “Now would you let me go” I asked