Homi

Me and my brother Joe are sitting in front of the  tv. We are  looking at some stupid children tv show, my mom is standing in the kitchen. She calls us for dinner... i watch my brother slide from the couch. We walk together to the kitchen, i see how my mom almost burns her hands on the oven dish.

Tomorrow is my first day on elementary school, i really look  forward to it. When were done with dinner my mom brings Joe to bed and i turn on the TV,  it's a news channel. I doesn't have my full attention to it because in the background i hear my mom singing to my brother, it is beautiful.  Then the singing stops... i hear my mother walking down the stairs. She plops next to me on the couch. When she sits next to me  i feel kind of forced to watch the news with her. The news reporter talks about really boring stuff politics and other things like that. After a while the reporter starts talking about a warning from the state it catches my attention The reporter says that we need to look out because there is an illegal device on the market, it's called hologramic mimicry or homi. It  is a device where criminals can transform themself  into someone else. The advice the news lady gives is: If you wanna know for sure that the person walking in your house is not a criminal you can ask him or her a question if the voice sounds different than you know...  its an criminal! This is  because the device can't change the voice of someone.

This idea scares me a lot, and when i look up ,I see it scares my mom to. I stand up and say to my mother "bye mom i am going to bed it's a big day tomorrow". She answers with "oke bye sweety". I hear that she is shocked by the news  in her voice. I go to bed as well,  but cannot  sleep because there is a lot going through my head. If this is really true... who can I trust? Is my mom really is my mom?...