𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒: "𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑜𝑦"

6 years ago

6 years ago

"You can do better than that!
Come on!" My fathers voice echoed through the walls of the gym. His harsh words dogged from wall to wall finally hitting me across the face like an angry palm. My hair was sticking on my forehead from sweat, my eyes where bleary from tired tears and my hands where shaking so badly that I could no longer hit the pouncing bag.
"You are fucking doing it all wrong. You stupid little girl it isn't that hard to hit a punching bag. I said harder!"
My attempts were getting lamer and lamer as the minutes passed. Each tired punch added a wrinkle between my fathers brows.
"It's worthless you are fucking worthless!" he screamed before he finally exited the gym. I stayed there afraid to look at myself in the big mirrors around the room. I could hear my fathers angry footsteps getting farther and farther away. The only thing I could think about was back at a time that  I didn't have to train so hard, a time when all I did was ran through the fields barefoot with my best friend. But sadly things change and I couldn't stay a kid for long. It's been like this for 2 years now. My training had began when I was only 14 years old.
A day I remember clearly.

Flashback
I was playing with my best friend Harry beside the roses. It was a beautiful Summer day and we were taking advantage of the warm weather. Outside you could see the sun reflecting in the crystal clean pool. Its gold colors mixing with the blue ones making a beautiful pattern. You could feel the sun on your skin leaving warm and soft kisses werever it touched you. Laying there in the ground we were talking about the clouds and the shapes they would take. Back then a cloud wasn't only a cloud it could be a dinosaur, a duck or even a spaceship. We were lost in our own little world until my fathers voice destroyed our little game.
"Catalina come here!" He yelled. So unwillingly I stood up leaving Harry alone. I ran towards my father without knowing that at the same time I was running away from my carefree childhood. Maybe if I had known I would stay planted there among the margaritas until I grew routs but nobody can run away from their responsibilities. When I reached my father he took me upstairs in the balcony, my favorite one, the one with the view of the village and the mountains behind it. The view was breathtaking but I found myself looking down at the garden at the curly haired boy who was waiting for me. He must have felt my stare because he looked up at me with his basil orbs. When our eyes met, chocolate brown to forest green, his cherry colored lips stretched showing me the pearly white teeth that was hiding behind them. I was lost in his eyes until I heard my fathers voice once again.
"Catalina I have to tell you something really important so listen to me carefully. I know you think this is our home but it's not and this people are not our family nor friends. We leave here, at their house, so we can assist them. We're not here to have fun we're here to work for them, to keep them safe. For generations their safety has been our job and now that you are at age you shall learn how to protect them too. You shall learn how to fight and many other things. The time for games has come to an end for you. From now own you shall work hard and train to be one day ready for your duties. No more games, no more books, no more garden for you and especially no more of that boy!"
At that time I couldn't have understood what my fathers words truly meant.
But as the time would pass by I was meant to feel the meaning of them deep in my bones.
I still can't remember the rest of my fathers speech only on more sentence.
"I belong to the Styles, you belong to the Styles." that's the last thing I heard .
After that I controlled myself and waited patiently for him to stop speaking. I didn't let myself cry well not until I was alone back in my room.