The Phone Call (28)

Start from the beginning

I wanted to push him away, but for some reason, it soothed me. I felt weird about the hug, so I jumped up and brushed myself off.

"What's the matter?" Dean asked, confused also getting up.

"It's nothing, Dean," I sighed. "I guess, I'm a little out of sorts. With Sam and Benny gone, Cas is being weird, me being taken and missing 50% of what's happening... It's just weird."

Dean tried calming me by making 'shh' noise. He pulled me in for another hug and combed my hair with his fingers. I didn't fight it, I just nuzzled my face into his flannel and breathed in his manly cologne. Dean rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I promise, Storm that everything will be okay,' Dean whispered.

I looked up at Dean. His hand was still on the back of my neck and in my hair. We stood there for what felt like hours, just staring into each other's eye. Dean's beautiful green eyes. Then he slowly started leaning into me as if we were going kiss. Normally, I would have already pushed Dean into the water, but everything felt just so right. Something inside me wanted to kiss Dean and I think it was in him, too. Dean was just centimeters away from my lips when a whoosh sound startled us. The two of us jumped away from each other and looked at Castiel. Dean rubbed the back of his head and we both tried playing cool.

"Were you guys-- about to kiss?" Cas questioned in a very hesitant voice. 

Dean and I laughed awkwardly. 

"What? No!" Dean quickly replied. 

We went back into the boat where Sam was waiting. 

Dean was clearly ticked. "What's he doing here?" He grumpily inquired. 

"Uh--" Sam said. "Don't worry, Dean. Once we save Alfie, I'm out."

"Oh, once "we" save Alfie. Don't hurt yourself, Sam. Cas, Storm and I can handle it," Dean barked back. 

"Not according to Cas," Sam replied. 

Dean glared at Cas. "I told you we didn't need him." 

Cas looked up and rolled his eyes. "We need everything, Dean. And I need both of you, as you say, to stow your crap. Can you do that?" 

I grabbed Deans hand and gave him a nod that it was all okay. With that, the four us hopped in the Impala and headed to where Alfie was being held. 

"So, there are four main points of warding -- North, South, East, and West -- and four Enochian symbols, like this, that you need to destroy before I can enter," Cas explained, drawing a star looking symbol on Sam's hand. 

I shook my head. "Okay, so, what? We go in, take care of the Hell mooks, and you extract the angel?" I questioned. 

"Yes. After killing so many, I need to save at least this one." Cas said, looking at Dean with sad eyes. 

"Sounds like a plan," Sam chimed in. 

Together we killed a demon to get inside. The three of us went inside the dark and creepy building, lurking around to find the symbols. Dean and I split from Sam. As we stalked more forth in the building, we heard screaming. After spray painting over the symbols, Dean and I turned around to meet up with Sam, who was attacked by demons. I quickly grabbed the knife from Dean and stabbed the demon that was on Sams back. And threw him to the floor. 

"Thanks," Sam said, trying to catch his breath. 

We turned around and followed the screaming. A group of demons were running towards us. Sam and Dean light their demon bombs and threw them. 

We were at the door when Cas popped in. He looked weak and he blamed it on the sigals. Cas coward against the wall as we tried to break down the door. 

"Move!" I yelled, pulling out my gun and shooting the lock. 

The door creaked open and Dean and Sam pushed through. 

There was a demon standing in front of Alfie, who was locked into a torture chair. The demon grabbed a weapon and went after Dean. Another demon came and went after Sam. Cas aided to Alfie and was trying to detach him from the painful looking contraption. The demon that went after Dean, threw him into a window. Once Cas got Alfie free, we quickly left. After Dean killed both demons, we all ran out to find Cas. 

"What the Hell happened?" I questioned as we the three of us discovered Cas holding the lifeless body of Alfie. 

"He was compromised. He came at me. I killed him in self-defense." Cas replied in such a monotone that it didn't sound like him. 

Cas stared off in the distance. Then wiped a tear. A tear of blood coming from his right eye. "My vessel must have been damaged in the melee. I have to go. Samandriel's remains belong in Heaven. " 

And in a matter of seconds, Cas was gone. We all were confused and agreed that something was up with Castiel. Sam came back to the cabin and warded the place from Cas seeing and hearing us so we could talk more about the whole thing. 

"So you think someone is messing with him?" I asked. 

"But who?" Dean replied. 

"Angels," Sam suggested. 

"Why would the Angels have him kill another angel?" I questioned. 

Sam shrugged his shoulders and sighed. 

Dean looked at me with sad eyes. "You know what, Storm and I got this. You go." 

"What?" Sam confusedly asked. 

"Don't you have a girl to get back to?" Dean rudely said. 

Sam was stunned. "Yeah. I guess I do. Um... Since when are you on the Amelia bandwagon?" 

"I don't know. I'm just tired of all the fighting," Dean said, going over to the fridge for a beer. "And, you know, maybe I'm a... little bit jealous. I could never separate myself from the job like you could. Hell, maybe it's time for at least one of us to be happy." 

Hearing those words, I chuckled to myself and left the boys. I sat down on the bed in the master room and groaned. For a split second, I thought I could have made Dean happy, but I guess I was wrong. I should have stayed in Hell and been a slave to Crowley. Maybe I wouldn't have slight feelings for Dean. Maybe I would have been happy. Leaving the life of a hunter. Sure I would be with a demon, but he could have given me everything. But I know I would have longed for Dean eventually. Just like with I was with Balthazar. Dean was the first person I wanted.