<9> Saving the Team

Začít od začátku

     Clocks a ticking little bird! You have until sunrise tomorrow!
                                                                  ~Joker

Robin folded the note into a perfect small square and put it in his utility belt. He walked out of the warehouse, then slowly walked back to the alien ship.

He climbed into its cockpit, and if he had emotion he would've been thankful for M'gann adding the feature that allowed non-Martians to fly it. He lifted the ship into the air and flew back to the mountain in a stagnant silence.

"Where's the team!?!" Batman shouted from the holographic computer. Robin had called him to give the mandatory mission report.

"They were captured." Robin answered plainly. Batman rubbed the bridge of his nose. He'd heard the bird the first two times, but come on!

Batman sighed, "Robin your going to have rescue them. Did Joker leave any clues as to where he'd  taken them?" Robin pulled the small piece of paper from his utility belt, letting Batman read it from behind the screen.

"Robin are you injured in anyway?"

"No." Robin answered nonchalantly.

"Good. Now refill your utility belt with Joker gas antidote and whatever else you may need. We won't be back until after tomorrow so your going to have to get them. Can you do that?" Batman asked, he didn't want to send his protege into the madman's clutches. But he needed to save the other heroes. Robin nodded his head.

"Report to me if things get out of hand, Batman out." And with that Robin went through the Zeta-tubes, exiting into the Batcave.

There he grabbed 6 Joker Gas antidotes, more birdarangs, and a few smoke pellets. He made sure he had every weapon he made need. Then put in the coordinates for the Zeta-tube closest to the destroyed Cadmus building.

Robin stood amongst the rubble of the destroyed Cadmus building, the wind making his cape flutter behind him. If this were to be photographed, it'd go done as one of the most dramatic pictures in world.

Just beyond the rubble were cages, cages filled with Robin's friends. A flicker of anger sparked inside of Robin. The bird winced, again with these flickers of emotion! He shoved it away, until he felt nothing once again, then stepped over the rubble making his way to rescue his team.

"Joker." Robin said, announcing his arrival. His charcoal black hair flying through the wind.

An enormous smile filled the clown's face, "Boy Blunder! How wonderful of you to join us!" Joker sang as he started walking over to the avian.

Robin pulled out his eczema sticks and got into a fighting stance. Joker sighed, "Always so straight to business. Whatever happens to the fun conversation!" The madman whined. "Me and Batsy would have a grand old time talking up a storm! Then we'd do the fighting bit!"

Robin still stood in his lose stance. But this time he charged. He ran full speed at the Joker, he seemed like an assassin. His footsteps light and almost silent, his face blank as ever. Joker let another insane laugh escape his throat as he jumped over the boy.

Robin flipped backwards, landing on the Joker's shoulders. He made the Joker fall sideways and jumped off right before the clown hit the ground.

Joker pushed himself off the ground with another laugh and ran towards Robin. The two locked in an intense hand to hand. And it didn't appear that Robin was winning.

Joker started to move Robin closer to the cages. He had gotten special cells that were a little stingy if you touched the edges. But Robin didn't know that.

And so when Joker got him just a centimeter away from the bars and the bird's back brushed against it. Bolts of electricity coursed through the bird's body. He began to spasm and the Joker stepped away. Robin didn't cry out however, because pain is an emotion. He basically collapsed to the ground with a few twitches of his arms and legs.

Robin's friends cried his name over and over again as Joker strapped the bird to a table. But it was useless.

Robin opened his eyes, finding he was strapped to a table. He looked around to get a better view of his surrounding. Just by the table stood the Joker, a smug grin growing on his face.

Robin looked over to his friends, seeing them all staring at him. They all looked terrified for him, Robin obviously felt nothing.

Joker started walking around the table the bird was strapped too. "So Boy Blunder . . . Have you told your little teammates about how you've been experiencing sparks of emotion." Robin's robotic expression didn't change. But he heard some gasps from their cages.

"I bet you didn't tell good ol' Batsy either?" Robin didn't deny or accept what the clown was saying.

Joker smiled, "Well Little birdie guess what!?" Robin didn't respond. "I can give you your amazing emotions back!" The madman sang.

Another gasp cane from the cages, Robin looked towards it. He saw Wally, his mouth hung open. He looked torn, like he wanted Robin's emotions back but didn't want them from the Joker.

Joker looked straight at Robin, a mad sparkle in his eyes. "So what do you say birdie? Wanna laugh again?!"

Robin's face, was stone-cold. Probably the blankest it's been ever since he lost his emotions.

"No."