Chapter 2: Sophii

Koda Station
2 days after the battle on Moraband

"There is no chaos, there is peace..."
"There is no emotion, there is harmony..."
Leana and Sophii sat beside one another, eyes closed as they meditated. In front of them sat master Trinell, a Kaleesh Jedi who had been in the coalition since not long after the destruction of the second Death Star.
"Good, padawans... you are both dealing well with your feelings. Control them, do not let them consume you..."
Sophii furrowed her brow, as within her mind, she saw a shroud of darkness conceal her vision.
"Who... are you?" She heard a dark voice call out to her. Confused, she squinted to see, but was blinded by the darkness.
"I'm..." for some reason, she wasn't sure what she was supposed to say.
"I'm a Jedi."
"Hm..." said the voice in the distance.
"Your aura doesn't match your words. You're conflicted, confused... your mourning brings you great pain, great anger."
Sophii stepped back, reaching to her hip but seeing there was nothing there. What had she tried to grab? Her blaster, perhaps the lightsaber of Master Utalri's she had used on Moraband?
"If you truly think you can be a Jedi... seems your first test will be soon."
Then, Sophii saw a face. Scales, grey and pale skin... and golden eyes just like those of the inquisitor. But this man... he was much more powerful.
"Who are you?" She asked, face to face with this... creature.
"In a short time, you will come to know me... one way or another. But until then, I give you a warning. If you truly want to master the force... you will go past the simple teachings of the Jedi."
Sophii opened her eyes, Leana and master Trinell both looking at her.
"Padawan, are you alright? What did you see?"
Sophii looked down, noticing she was breathing heavily.
"I saw... some sort of monster."
Master Trinell looked at her a moment, gently laying a hand on her shoulder.
"Sophii... what did it look like?"
Sophii looked down, trying to remember the face she had seen.
"Grey... scaly, almost humanoid but... not." She held her head, trying to think as Leana put a hand on her other shoulder and Master Trinell paused before leaving the room.
"Sophii... it's alright. Nothing is here, no monsters..."
Sophii looked at Leana a moment, taking a breath.
"It's not here now... but from the way it spoke, it may be coming."
Leana was a bit surprised by Sophii, before taking a breath herself.
"Well... if they are, I told you. We won't lose the next battle."
Sophii looked up and nodded, taking a couple deep breaths.
"Right... plus, we're at the second largest group of Jedi knights and master's in the galaxy. And the first is not far either."
Sophii smiles, nodding.
"Right. We don't have to worry, then..." she looked down, thinking a moment.
"Though... I wonder. Knowing we're in the second and near the biggest group of Jedi in the galaxy... why would any enemies come here?"