7. Have fun in the snakepit

Start from the beginning

He was talking to a short, brown-haired girl aka. Midge Klump. He made her all lovey eyes and even send her his famous smirk while his arm rested above her head, while they talked. Wow, he couldn't call me back but flirt with other girls that are taken as well. 

I sighed and quickly put my stuff away before walking into the Blue and Gold office where Betty made a little meeting with Veronica, Kevin and I. 

"We can't let the terrorists win. We need to host an event at Pop's that reminds the town of simpler times, a throwback to when the Shoppe first opened its doors", Betty told us all. 

"Betty, I like a good milkshake as much as any girl, and Pop's puts Serendipity 3's to shame, but why this hill to die on?", V asked. 

"Orange freezes with my mom and Polly after ballet. Chicken noodle soup with my dad after ice skating. Grilled cheeses with Archie on the last day of summer vacation. It's where I met you for the first time V, and you Kev. Also, Jug. He and Lou might lose their dad but maybe I can save this one place for them, for all of us", Betty smiled making my heart melt. 

"It was also where I had my first date with Reggie or where Kevin came out to me. Jughead and I are always at Pop's it's like a second home to us and our secret sibling hideout", I smiled at my best friend. 

"Hey, Veronica. May I speak to you?", a male voice interrupted our moment. "Daddy?", V asked. "Daddy?", Kev, Betty and I asked at the same time. 

*

After the little pep talk at the Blue and Gold office, Jughead dragged me outside where we were supposed to meet Tallboy. 

"I tried going the legit route, I talked to the mayor. It feels like the system is rigged against us", Jughead told Tallboy and the boy I named Ron. 

"What's FP saying? Is he taking this deal?", Tallboy asked and I noticed he had longer hair than me. Does this man even go to the hairdresser?

"Not if I can help it", I said still fascinated by his hair, he could be Tarzan.

"Tallboy, what if we bust him out of jail before he gets transferred to state? It's doable, the sheriff's station has worse security than Riverdale High. Once he's out, it's a straight shot up Sweetwater River until the Canadian border", Jughead suggested and I once again slapped him mentally. 

"You've seen Escape from Alcatraz a few too many times, kid. You dad need a snake handler, Someone whose livelihood depends on snakes, who's used to dealing with them. I got someone you two should meet", Tarzan explained to us. 

*

"Humpty and Dumpty and my bae, just in time to meet our newest recruit who will be taking Lou's spot", Cheryl smiled at Josie.

"In addition to my duties as a Pussycat. And I just wanna say, girls I'm so excited to work on my moves and to be a team player as long as I'm in the front", Josie smiled making me scrunch my nose up. Who does she think she is?

"Wait, Cheryl does that mean you're taking the Vixens back from me?", Veronica asked my best friend. "But really, Veronica. Were they ever yours?", Cheryl asked almost making me burst out in laughter. 

"Cheryl, we were wondering if maybe the Vixens would help at an event to save Pop's", Betty asked sweetly. "Oh, Betty. I did not emerge from the frozen depth of Sweetwater river, no offense Lou. Nor the flames of Thornhill to allow my Vixens to sling milkshakes at some death-cruised diner. The answer is a double cherry on top no", Cheryl chuckled. 

"Come on Cher", I pleaded. "I love you Lou but I can't", she said giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

*