Chapter One

"Do you stop believing in the moon just because the sun comes up?"

Those words marked Jamie forever.

And luckily, that was not the last time he saw the guardians. Ever since that fight against Pitch, the guardians kept an eye on Jamie and his friends, often giving them signs to tell them they were always protected.

And so, Jamie grew up and ended up marrying Pippa, his long time friend. And two years later, she got pregnant.

***

"Have you guys visited Jamie and Pippa lately?" Jack said.

It was the weekly reunion of the guardians. They were all gathered at the North Pole, drinking eggnog and relaxing because Christmas was over and a New Year was to come.

"Last time I saw them was on Christmas, just like you mate" Bunny answered "Why?"

Everyone looked at Jack.

"It's just..." he sighed "The man in the moon talked to me a few nights ago"

The rest of the guardians looked at him.

"He showed me some kind of vision... and I saw Jamie's daughter... I can't remember anything else but it felt real"

The rest of the guardians looked at each other and suddenly a ray of moonlight entered the room. Everyone stood up as fast as they could and gathered around it, ready to see what the man in the moon had to tell them.

There was a silhouette of a baby with their parents, the baby transformed into toddler, she seemed to be glowing, it was as if a part of the moon was within her. The rest of the guardians appeared there, protecting her.
Suddenly, darkness took over the toddler, it was Pitch Black.

The guardians looked worriedly at each other. Sandy made a sign to tell them it was not over yet and they looked back at the silhouettes.

The toddler that was now a teenager was full of light and destroyed the darkness.

"The power of the moon is within Jamie's daughter" North said.

"But there's also darkness" Bunny added

"And we have to protect her from Pitch, she has to choose the side of the light"

The ray of moonlight started to disappear.

"We need to go tell Jamie" Jack said grabbing his staff

"Who's ready for a sleigh ride?" North said clapping his hands and smiling brightly.

***

"Should I leave it like that or is it too sweet?" Jamie said, Pippa walked towards him and tried the tea.

"It's fine like that, I'll bring our cups"

As she walked towards the cupboard, a series of frantic knocks startled them.

"I'll open the door, you stay in the kitchen" Jamie said and carefully walked towards the door.

When he opened it he gasped loudly, making Pippa walk rapidly out.

"Jamie is everything all right?"

"It's the guardians!" He exclaimed.

He let them inside and closed the door behind him.

He hugged Jack tightly.

"Look at you! You are so old" Jack joked. Jamie laughed.

"Do you want some tea?" Pippa said bringing the kettle to the living room.

"No thank you" North said.

"Is something wrong?" Jamie asked

"I think it's better if you two sit down" Bunny said.

"Tooth, please close the curtains" Bunny said and Tooth hurriedly closed all the curtains.

"It's about your baby" North started.

"What is wrong with her?" Pippa said worriedly.

"Nothing, she's safe" Jack said with a reassuring smile, that calmed Pippa a little. Jamie nodded at North, signaling him to continue.

"The man in the moon choose her to be the spirit of the light"

"I- I don't get it"

"When your baby is born, the man in the moon will transmit some of his powers into her, that means, that when she turns 18 she's going to have to choose a path, the path of light or the path of darkness" Bunny said

"The man in the moon told us to protect her, at all costs" Jack said

"Protect her? From who?" Pippa asked

"Don't tell me it's..." Jamie started.

"Pitch" Tooth said

Jamie grabbed Pippa's hand

"Don't worry dear, the guardians will keep our baby safe"

"We will come up with a plan to keep you three safe, you have my word" North said "Starting today, you will be staying at the North Pole, the baby will be born there safely and then you can come back"

"I'll start packing" Jamie said and ran upstairs to pack their stuff.

"And after that?" Pippa said.

"Jack will be with you and the baby until she grows up, he'll keep an eye on her every time you can't"

Jamie came down with their stuff.

"All set" he said

"How are we going to the North Pole? I can't travel by plane, I'm already 8 months pregnant" Pippa said

"Don't worry, we'll use my portals" North said taking the crystal sphere out of his pocket "Bunny, Tooth, go with them, Jack, Sandy and me will take the sleigh"

And with that, they all left towards the North Pole.

***

A cold January night, with a giant and bright full moon, a beautiful baby girl was born. Her name was (Y/N) Bennett.

Pippa was holding her in her arms, exhaustion almost taking over her, but the overwhelming happiness she was feeling kept her awake.

A ray of pale moonlight appeared inside the room, showering the baby with its brightness. The baby smiled and closed her eyes, falling asleep. A mark appeared on her wrist and the moon was gone again.

Tooth took the baby and placed her on a bed, next to her mother that was already asleep.

***

The next day, everyone was fully awake, already tending the baby and Pippa.

Jamie was carrying the baby as Jack walked inside the room.

"Do you want to hold her?" Jamie asked. The question caught Jack off-guard but he nervously accepted the offer.

Jamie carefully placed the baby on Jack's arms.

A vision came across him as he touched the baby.

The girl was older, and he was holding her almost desperately. When he looked down (e/c) were staring back at him "Don't let the darkness take me"

"Jack?" Jamie's voice brought him back "Are you okay?"

Jack blinked and looked around the room "S-Sorry, I-I don't know what happened to me" he looked down at the baby, only to find her staring at him.

"I promise I won't let anyone harm you" he whispered at the baby and she fell asleep, holding Jack's finger tightly.