[14- Slumber Party]

Since Edward never got a chance to hunt, Carlisle proposed a two day trip to Northern California. According to the state reports, mountain lion were breeding beyond the capacity of the area so there would be plenty of game.

"Eleanor, I was wondering if you can stay with Bella instead of hunting. I think she'd find it much more enjoyable," Edward asked the day before we planned to leave.

"Of course."

"We are going to leave on Thursday instead." So that's why they were leaving tomorrow. Alice could keep an eye on her more easily at school. At least if Bella has school on Thursday and Friday, she wouldn't be able to go to the reservation.

"Don't let her go anywhere by herself. Make sure she eats regularly. She might–".

"Edward, I got it," I interrupted. "Keep her safe."

Emmett, Jasper, Carlisle, and Edward set out Thursday afternoon.

"Can you go to Bella's house to collect her things?" Alice asked, barely a minute after they left.

I looked at her, resisting the urge to roll my eyes, "Why can't you?"

"I have to set up."

"What do you mean? She's only here for two nights."

I debated arguing with Alice but that would be hopeless. I sighed in defeat, "Fine."

"You're the best!"

I headed over to Charlie's.

"Eleanor," he beamed as he opened the front door.

"Hey Charlie. I'm just picking up Bella's stuff for tonight."

"Yes, the sleepover. Esme called this morning. Come in." I closed the door behind me.

"What have you been up to?" He asked.

"Just taking some online classes," I lied smoothly.

"Alright, well as long as you're keeping busy," he paused. "I'll be down here if you need." Charlie smiled and sat down on the couch to resume whatever he was watching.

I went upstairs to Bella's room. Of course, Alice had sent me a very specific list of everything Bella would need for her short stay. It felt like an invasion of privacy, rifling through her closet. But I'm sure she'd understand. It took me a couple minutes to pack everything into a duffel bag.

I was waiting on our couch later that afternoon. Bella and Alice would be arriving any minute. Hopefully Bella wasn't totally against staying at our house.

Finally, I heard the Volvo pull up the driveway.

"Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behaviour," Bella argued as they came inside.

Alice and I laughed. I could hear the sarcasm in her voice, but jokes aside, Bella was much safer with us then by herself. Especially with all those wolves.

"It's not that bad. I'll give you a pedicure and everything." Bella sighed, you could never reason with Alice.

Esme came home around 7 with Italian food from Port Angeles. Apparently, the restaurants around here were miserable. We watched a couple of movies while Alice painted Bella's nails.

"How late do you want to stay up?" Alice asked when the movie finished.

"We have school tomorrow. Where am I suppose to sleep tonight?" Bella eyed the sofa.

"Edward's room." Of course Edward couldn't have set up an air mattress, which would have been sufficient. He decided to buy a custom made bed frame that was set up yesterday.