Chapter 22

Hailey's P.O.V

"No please! I'm begging you! I'll give you anything! I have kids and a wife." He said.

3 kids came running in.

"Daddy!!" They all cried in unison.

They looked back at me with eyes filled with tears.

"How could you?" They all said walking towards me.

"You're a monster. A monster!!!" They yelled.

Then I woke up.

I sat straight up in my bed breathing heavily. A monster. I'm a monster. I heard a knock on my door.

Sara's P.O.V

I watched Hailey walk back to her room. She looked so emotionless, numbed. I knew the feeling well. After the first few missions, I felt that way. But over time I go used to it. There was a reason I didn't want to come back to Ollie and Laurel. I knew that if I stayed, they would make me vulnerable again. But I did anyway. I couldn't leave my family again.

I debriefed Nyssa in the Grand Hall and headed back to my room. I got changed and fell asleep almost immediately.

They all came back. Every single one of my kills. From my first mission to my last.

"Why did you kill us? You didn't have to! We all had families." They all said in unison.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled back.

"No, you aren't. Why would you be. You have your family and your life. All at the expense of ours!" They said.

They started to advance towards me.

"A monster! That's what you were and still are!" The all screamed.

I woke up panting in my bed. I hadn't had a nightmare like this in a while. Being back in Nanda Parbat, brought these feelings and memories real time. I got out of bed and over to the wall of herbs. I grabbed a jar with a mix. Nyssa gave this to me when I first joined the League. It gets rid of nightmares and let's you have better sleep. I boiled some water and sipped the tea slowly. I sighed and paced the floor. Why did I bring Hailey here if I didn't want her to be like me? Thoughts swarmed my mind. Hailey would most likely have a nightmare so I grabbed a cup of tea and walked to her room. I heard heavy breathing and knew that she just woke up. I knocked on the door. "Hailey?"
I heard a sigh and a reply. "Yeah? Come in."

I walked in and found Hailey sitting on her bed.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I thought I would pay you a visit." I said with a smile.

"What for?" Hailey asked slyly.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me? I said, wanting Hailey to tell me herself.

"You know. Don't you?" Hailey asked quietly.

"I'm pretty sure." I said sitting down next to her.

She sighed and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Here. Drink this." I said handing her the cup.

"What is it?" She asked skeptically.

"Just drink it. It's tea that helps you sleep and gets rid of the nightmares." I said.

She gingerly took the cup and drank it.

"Ew that was gross." She said making a face and handing me the cup.

"Yeah sorry." I said taking the cup.

She yawned.

"Don't fight it. Sleep." I said.

She laid her head on my lap and in a few minutes, she had dozed off.

I could feel myself getting drowsy and I took my own advice and laid back. Before I knew it was in a dreamless sleep.