Chapter 14 - Falling

Start from the beginning

I decide to go to my favorite spot in all of Kakariko Village. But... I also can't help but think about Zelda. Will she be worried? Will she think I am mad? I'll try to sort it out. Make up and excuse.

Anyway, this spot is not a very safe place to be since it's out of the village. Personally, I think of myself as shy, but to have a ....  free side. Exciting? Wild? I don't know what to call it... all I know is..... The Breath of the Wild makes me feel free. There's no one to judge me or to tell me what to do.

Freedom.

That's why, this journey, is my dream.

I feel Zelda looks at nature in more of a beneficial way, I just enjoy the beauty.
The best of both worlds I suppose.

After walking, about half way there, I notice Link isn't guarding the front door. Maybe he's sleeping? He was injured last night. It's... just surprising.

As I walk, I also ask myself what I'm even doing. Am I running away? Am I just going to a safe place no one can bother me? Am I being childish?

I shake the thoughts out of me, and start sprinting.

I run past the ancient shrine, and take a right, now entering the peaceful forest. I slow down, and see something quite peculiar. A blue bunny?

As I approach it, it disappears into thin air. Strange, I've never seen anything like it. But it's also familiar, so I suppose I have seen it before?

I forget about it, and continue on the path to come upon the old bridge. I cross it with caution. And I come to another shrine, to notice plant life thrives here. So I decided to collect some of the fauna. Hylian Shrooms, Blue Nightshade, Silent Shrooms, etc.

I store it in my inventory.

Link is the one who taught me what to collect when in the wild, so I thank him for that.

I walk past the shrine, and go up the hill behind it. The hill is not an easy climb, but has gotten just the slightest bit easier overtime.

I lift myself up and walk a few steps to see a silhouette standing in my spot.
My spot overlooks Kakariko and has and abundance of wild flowers growing there.

Should I run away? I should run away.

I turn and slowly walk the opposite direction.

"Hey! Are you from Kakariko?"

My whole body freezes.

I turn around to find the shadow is actually a somewhat handsome Sheikah man, near my age.

"Y-yes." I say, nervously.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Y-y-yes!!" I yell, sort of.

"Oh. Thank you! I'm Zirin!"

Thank you? For what?
This guy seems nice, so I walk over to him still keeping distance between us.
"I am Paya." I try my best to say with confidence.

"Nice to meet you. I was wondering if you were from Kakariko Village?"

"I am."

"I want to enter, but where exactly is the entrance?"

Should I tell him? I don't think he is a bad guy, maybe it will be fine?

"Why do you w-want to know?" I say, trying my best to be heard.

"Ah, well you see, I am a Sheikah which I feel is obvious. I won't tell you the whole story but... I want to travel the world and Kakariko Village is my first destination, especially since I share blood with the people that live here."

That sounds.... amazing. If only I could do something like that. But what if he's..... dare I say..... a Yiga?

"I-I understand...."
I'm still not sure, he seems genuine.....

"You still seem unsure of telling me... would you like to get to know me?"

...... What? What a strange man.....
Honestly, I do. He makes my heart flutter in a different way than Link did.... I can't quite explain it.

I have to be careful, though. He is a stranger.

"I.... suppose....?"

After talking with him and exchanging things we like and such, I realized he's quite charming. And I did not share any important or serious information, in fact I lied about a few things.

And he asked the strangest thing... he wanted to meet me here again, same time tomorrow.

The thing is: is this a date? Or is this a friendly type thing?

Either way, I came to really enjoy his company. It's always been hard to make friends but me and Zirin.... connected? I'm not sure....

Maybe.... I'm just using him.

... as an ....

escape.

Maybe it's the Goddess giving me a break.... either way, he seems like a good guy and a good friend. Who could ask for more?

Zirin... the name has a good ring to it.

After talking, I did, in fact, give him directions to the entrance. He said his good-byes and that he would see me in the village.

I had sat staring at the village until night fell, when the fireflies came about and I sulked back to my room, where I would see Zelda and most likely Link. Which reminded me of Links proposal... I push it into the back of my mind.

Oh, whatever will I do?

I walk back, and once again, Link is not guarding the door.

I tell grandmother goodnight and go up the stairs to my room where I find Zelda sleeping soundly. But, she is still graceful. Not a hair out of place, no snoring, no drool, she's definitely royalty.

I lay down, trying to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about everything. I hate those type of thoughts that keep you awake at night.

First off: I stupidly, in the moment, told Link.... you know....
And now I have a mysterious friend which I know nothing about, yet we are meeting again tomorrow. AND I must decide my answer quickly..... 5 days.... they will leave.

But soon enough, I fell asleep.

I'm looking forward to see Zirin tomorrow. His words and dreams are similar to mine, he has captivated me.

He's perfect.