Fallen Angels

Chapter 7 – Fallen Angels

{Gabriella POV}

My eyes flashed open and my wings unfurled around me as I stood, fully attired as my former Angel Warrior self…facing The Elders.

“Fret not, my child,” The Head Elder smiled simply down at me. “You are safe now…”

I swallowed, memories of my time in Heaven flooding my mind as I looked around the Hall of The Elders. Slowly, I stood straight, my fingers brushing against my wings as I gazed up at the Elders. “How?”

“The last angel with an untainted soul.” One Elder murmured as he leant back in his chair.

“Tainted?” I frowned, eyes narrowed in suspicion as another memory tugged at my mind; but I wasn’t able to bring it to the forefront of my mind yet.

“What my Fellow means to say is…that you’ve proved yourself many times over in your struggle to save the Humans from themselves.” The Elder Leader smiled benevolently down at me.

I steeled myself as I spoke again. “My work is not yet done…” I half turned as I continued. “I must go back-”

“You’ve performed honourably, my dear…but you can not go back…” The Elder Leader replied resentfully.

“Why?! My brothers and soul mate are down there fighting!” I cried angrily. “I didn’t suffer all those years only to be told by a bunch of stuffy old men who sit on their arses all day doing nothing while the world they swore to protect burns!”

“Humanity has had its time.” One Elder said calmly.

“They cannot learn…history has shown that time and time again.” Another continued.

“They are sick with Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Pride, Vanity, Envy, Sloth…”

“They are still young! They do not live long enough to learn every day, but they are learning!” I fumed, the memory I couldn’t latch onto before snapping back into place and I narrowed harsh eyes at The Elders. “They’ve only just begun to realise their potential…and you go a let Solomon loose on their world.” I finished with a snarl, smiling cruelly when they looked at me in horror. “Oh, yes, don’t think I didn’t know…you conniving, old bunch of bastards!”

The Elder Leader steeled himself as I glowered up at him. “It was necessary-”

“It was necessary?!” I screeched. “Next thing you’ll start saying ‘what’s done is done’! You unleashed a force of pure evil into a world that barely understands itself and, in desperation, clung to fear and tore their world apart on your watches!” I hissed as I continued. “I know what you’ve done. I know what you’ll do…” I smirked as I felt a familiar presence in the room. “Thankfully you won’t be doing any of that now…seeing as you can’t go anywhere.” I watched them struggled to move as an invisible force restrained them. “The Court of angels will Judge you when they return… and may all that’s good in this Realm have mercy on you.” I smirked slightly as I turned on my heel and headed for the doors. “And as for me… I will go back down… I will fall so save my beloved and my brothers…” And, as the doors to the Hall of The Elders swung open, a thought occurred to me. “Oh, and I’ll be taking the Vessel with me.”

“The Spirit Vessel will destroy you!” I heard a cry from one of the Elders as the doors banged shut and I chuckled darkly.

Wrong,” I smiled wickedly as I made my way towards the Spirit Vessel. “It would destroy an Angel of Light…no one ever said anything…about Fallen Angels…” with the Vessel in hand, I took a deep breath…and condemned myself. “I have judged what you have done and deemed it errant and immoral…and sentence you…to fall…”