Names Beginning With 'S'

Chapter 5 - Names Beginning With ‘S’

“You are the last good soul among us.” Andy offered me his hand.

“After what she’s done…” an eerie voice trailed off and everyone froze. “You must be joking…”

“Solomon…” Andy said gravely as he pulled me to my feet. “I wasn’t expecting you here…”

“Many seldom do.” I shivered at the eerie voice as I turned and beheld the devil man I only partially remembered. He nodded towards me, smirking. “Gabriella… long time, no see… much to your benefit I think…don’t you think, boys?” he smiled cruelly at the angels behind me. “Still cowering behind your fallen warrior I see, but no matter, no matter, things will change shortly.

“Over my dead body.” Andy snarled as he stepped up beside me.

“Careful Biersack,” Solomon said with a dark, sinister chuckle. “Someone might get ideas. And this time…she might not be so lucky…”

“You won’t touch her.” Andy sneered, twirling the sword in his hand cruelly.

“Careful, Fallen!” Solomon hissed. “My patience wears thin…” his wicked smile returned as he turned his gaze on me again. “And you wouldn’t want to lose her again, would you?” he cackled as I frowned, addressing me as one would a small child. “Oh, did the nasty old Elders steal memories from you? Give you a different life only to have it crumble around you?” he straightened, his voice turning hard and cold. “You’re not the one pulling the strings anymore, Gabriella…” he trailed off as his image began to fade away before me. “And you won’t have the strength to do what you did before… not again…” and then, he was gone.

“We need to get out of here.” Ashley stated blankly as Andy pulled me close to him.

I scoffed. “And go where?! The city is rubble!”

“We know a place.” Jinxx replied calmly.

Andy took my hand, leading me, “Come…” he smiled, though his eyes were sad. “They’re waiting for us…”

I frowned slightly. “Who?”

Andy’s smiled turned maliciously happy, and his voice made my stomach churn as he replied, “The Worthy…”

***

I looked up at the collapsed building turned semi-manmade cave, frowning as I saw a mark etched into part of the concrete. I ran my fingers lightly over the mark, my voice barely audible. “I did this…”

“How do you know that?” Ashley asked animatedly beside me.

I cocked my head to one side as I narrowed my eyes at the mark. “I just do…it’s…it’s a feeling I can’t shake.

“No, I mean, you’re right. You did make that mark…but I didn’t think that part of your memory had returned yet…” Ashley trailed off. “Why would that be coming back…now…oh!” I looked at him as he smacked himself in the head in realisation.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow at him as the others stepped past us into the darkness.

“This is where you fell…well…more like landed…” Ashley explained. “Meaning…the crater that makes up the caves under here…” he trailed off.

“I did that…” I made a face at the ground briefly before looking back to the mark, frowning. “Doesn’t finding the symbol of an angel’s landing restore…well…everything…supposedly…”