Gift or a curse? (Ridgedog)

Ridgedog stood looking out of his Mage tower, overlooking the valley bellow. He looked down at his arm and noticed down all the bruises and scars from his period of being a mortal slowly faded. His time as a mortal was coming to and end again. Ridgedog could only stay like that for a certain period of time. He sighed as he slipped off his armor and jet pack and stepped off the tower ledge, flying off into the night sky. A beeping from his communicator caught his attention. The demigod pressed the button and the image of Bebop appeared.

"Heeey Ridge! Where are you?" The cheery voice asked.

"Oh you know, around." He replied.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." Ridge said as he landed on the mountain above Bebop's base.

"Well okay, me and Verbal looking into how to upgrade the security around our base." He replied and Ridge put up a grin.

"Sounds great. I'll uh...be there in a minute.." Ridge said exiting the call. Ridgedog sat down on the grass and pouted for a moment. Why couldn't he be mortal like the rest of them? For two months now he was able to live among them, it was amazing.

"What am I going to tell Bebop and Verbal?" He asked himself.

"Ridge!" Ridgedog looked up to see the two running towards him.

"Wait where's all your armor?" Verbal asked but was interrupted.

"Come on! Were going to Kirin's base!" Bebop exclaimed.

"Wait what? Why?" Ridge asked alarmed.

"He's throwing us a party!" Bepbox exclaimed and Ridgedog stiffed a laugh.

"A party?" He asked and the two nodded. "You do realize this is a painfully obvious trap, right?" He asked.

"No! We have the treaty!" Bepbox protested.

"I just want cake." Verbal replied.

-------

The three boys arrived at KirinDaves base. "Kirin?" Bebop called out and the man appeared from one of the buildings.

"You actually came." He seemed surprised. "Uh.. Right this way." He said leading them into his base. Kirin brought the three into a room. cookies and cakes laid out on the table. Ridgedog looked around the room, finding no traps.

"So, this isn't a trap?" He asked still a bit on edge.

"No. We have a peace treaty. I am not one to break such a thing." He stated. Bebop and Verbal were helping themselves to the cookies and cake.

"Huh. Okay then." Ridge replied still not completely trusting the man.

"Yep." Ridgedogs communicator stated buzzing. He looked down to see Parvis wanting to call.

"Uh.. I'll be right back." He said walking out of the room. Quickly he answered the call. "Yes Parv?"He asked a bit annoyed.

"Uh hey. I just wanted to see how you were doing.." He replied.

"I'm fine. Do you want something?" Ridgedog asked trying to keep his voice down.

"Oh! Sorry are you busy?" Parv asked.

"A bit, Parvis. I'll call you back later." Ridge said before exiting the call. Ridge walked back into the room putting on a grin.

"Hey, sorry about that. Parvis called.." Ridgedog stopped as the three stared at him in shock, confusion, and...Fear? "What?" He asked looking behind him.

"Ridge, why are your eye gold?" Asked Bebop. Ridgedogs eyes eyes widened as he quickly spawned in a mirror. He looked to see his eyes glowing gold.

"Fuck." He hissed and the mirror disappeared.

"What the hell is going on?" Kirin asked, edging towards his spell book.

"I... I have been meaning to tell you guys.." Ridge said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I am not exactly... Human..." He said and it seemed to click for KirinDave.

"Holy Notch your a demigod!" Kirin said terrified causing Ridge to frown.

"Yeah.. That." He said.

"Your the demigod? The son of Notch? That demigod?" Verbal said wide eyed.

"The Reaper." Bebop whispered. Ridgedog noticed something he didn't hear often in Bebop's voice. Fear. Ridgedog looked at the two, not sure weather to be angry or sad.

"Guys, I've been your friends for months now! What does it matter?" He asked, putting up a false grin.

"Your a not normal. Every Minecraftian has heard the story's of the survival games! Your a monster." Ridgedog flinched as he turned to face KirinDave. He held his spell book, trying to be intimidated. Ridgedog turned to Verbal and Bebop, almost pleadingly. They wouldn't even look him in the eye. After a minute or two in silence RidgeDog snapped.

"Fine! You don't want me around any more than fine! I have done nothing to make you fear me, nothing!" Ridgedog ranted, his voice growing louder. "I thought for once I had made friends, but I guess that's to much to ask for right? Me, the Reaper, the immortal demigod-" Ridgedog stopped as a spell sent him off balance, but delivering no damage. The caster was obvious as Kirin stood with his arm extended.

"I think you should leave Ridgedog. Now." Kirin said and Ridgedog growled glass objects in the room crashed and shattered. Ridgedog's powers tended to get away from him in stressful situations.

"Whatever." He muttered teleporting out of the room.

------

Ridgedog appeared on a hill, he felt a stinging in his eyes but he quickly rubbed it away. He looked around not quite sure where he landed. It has been a while since he used his powers. He noticed three men running around two buildings bellow.

"Xephos." Ridgedog mumbled as he noticed the familiar space man. The scientist was not far behind him. He imagined the two were explaining to the dwarf all the machinery. Ridgedog more easily teleported to the dock area and begin to walk towards the group. As he approached the spaceman and he quickly spun around, sword pointed at Ridgedogs chest. "Xephos, Honeydew, Lalna." He greeted calmly. Xephos lowered his weapon.

"Ridgedog. I haven't heard from you in months." Xephos stated.

"Yeah.. I've been busy." Ridge commented.

"Are you okay?" Lalna asked noticing the demigods down mood.

"I've been better." He replied honestly. "Just checking in on things now that I'm back." He replied.

"But where exactly were you?" Honeydew asked. Ridgedog saw no problem with telling them.

"I took away my immortality for a bit and made friends. Bebopvox and VerbalProssessing." He said.

"Oh. Well that's great." Xephos said smiling.

"It was, until they figured out I am the Reaper." He replied flatly.

"Oh.. I take it it did not go well." Lalna commented.

"Nope." He said turning around and walking to exit the island. Before going to far Ridge stopped. "Am I a monster?" He asked without turning around.

"Of course not friend." Xephos was the one to answer. The other two remained silent. Ridgedog gave a slight nod before teleporting away.

{Like and comment on what you want next. Taking anything.. Maybe except shipping. No seriously I can't write it. You people are crazy stop.}