07: Hark the Christmas Message

Începe de la început

"Ready?" The seven of them assembled in the sitting room and awaited the next instruction. They nodded with smiles on their faces,

"Set?"

"Which one are you doing? Is it race?" Olasupos voice vibrated as he spoke with a frown in between his brows.

"Go."

Everyone who was participated, which was basically the younger Adults, began to roam around the room as they searched for a card that would possibly be theirs.

"Don't open the one that does not have your name o, Asike I am talking to you," She looked towards the boy who wore a grin in response to her announcement. They struggled to find the ones with their names on it.

"Another Efosa again?" Eghosa whined as she dropped the card she had found and continued to roam.

"Bring it for me na," Efosa called from the dinning area where she began to search for cards.

"I'm busy." The other twin responded and no one could tell whether or not she was pissed.

Still, they all continued their card seeks, Nnenna chuckled as she read from a card she had found, Supo smelled his armpit and frowned after he read one card, Omoruyi faced the wall so no one could see his reaction exactly.

Eboseremen got a card that had her name written on it, she opened it and read the two words written shabbily in the worst handwriting that had to ever exist;

'Grow Tall.'

There was only one person that could have written that, she searched around for him and found him with a frown on his face looking into a card. Maybe someone had insulted him.

"Omoruyi, really, grow tall? Secret message? what you always say?" He gave her a smirk as a response and she continued her search to find the other cards with her name on it. She found two more which were from her sisters as written in it were:

'You're beautiful, but not like me' and 'Keep on being smart', respectively.

The turning around the chairs and walking about began to make her feel a bit dizzy but she persevered never the less. There were just three more cards to get before her search ended and then it happened. The least troublesome of activity brought about trouble.

If she were like Shikamaru in Naruto and she were Japanese she would have said 'Mendoskai'.

"How dare you tell a girl she needs to work on her waist?" Efosa's voice was loud enough, she was sure her parents would come downstairs.

"What dude? what do you mean?" Olasupo frowned, his voice still normal as he tried to understand what he was accused of. They were a few distance from each other and he closed the space to know what she talked about.

"Don't play dumb with me you this man-hoe. Why would you write to me that my waist is too wide, work on it, what the actual f does that mean?"

"Back off Efosa, did you just call me a man-hoe?"

"No, you heard me wrong," Ebose knew the next statement that would proceed out of her sisters mouth and she knew how much Olasupo hated those words, she knew the trouble that would be created from the next set of words her sister would say and she wished she could stop what may happen next rather than look confused at the arguing scenario of her sister and cousin.

"I called you an Ashawo, idiot," Supos face became hard and his mood shifted from playful to anger mode. He was a flirt, a big flirt but no one ever dared called him that word because he had anger issues. He had always said 'You laugh or ignore names that people give you because you are them or you want to be that and you take immediate actions against names you don't want' and he took ugly actions every time he decided to take them. He had had to go to a lot of anger management classes but to him, they were just a multiplier to his anger.

The next thing that happened was a slap from Supo's direction headed towards Efosa's direction. He never thought the statement 'you don't hit a woman' was reasonable. And everyone feared what would become of him if he got married.

"If your friend ever told you nonsense and you believed her then you are stupid. Now, because we are cousins does not mean we are age mates. Make sure you take your time unless I will literally beat you whether you are a girl or woman," Ebose rushed forward to try to stop her sister who jumped in quick to return the freely given slap to Supos face. Things had escalated quicker than expected.

"You are mad, who do you think you are talking to, you think i am your sister, better respect yourself. So this was the way you treated Amaka? Beat her up when there was a quarrel?"

"Are you crazy?" Omoruyi struggled to hold back his brother before he injured the girl but he was not having it.

"You are the crazy one, you are crazy and stupid and I wonder how I am cousin to you, why did I ever give her your number?"

Amaka had been Supos first girlfriend who Efosa had introduced to him. They were younger and so because the tradition of Nigeria forbade young children to date, they kept it a secret from their parents. The girl had been able to calm Supos anger when ever he entered the dangerous mood but she had died a tragic death two years down their relationship. He had gone from sad to devastated and then to a flirt. He never bothered to control his anger or rage.

Ebose saw the rage in his eyes and she felt terrible. She knew Olasupo would not have written that statement, neither would his brother have. The girls too would not have been able to write something as silly as that, she didn't also.

It was only one person who would have been able to do such a cruel thing. She turned to see him with a slightly amused expression on his face, he winked at her and looked back at the situation staying afar off like he wasn't the one who made everything happen this way.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" It was the voice of her father with an angry look etched on his face. If he were the one to hear the whole case then she was in a bigger trouble than she had been in previously. Christmas was about to be her death day. Maybe by next year they would have to lock her up because she and Christmas were no longer compatible but the real person to lock up was Asike.

Supo released himself from his brothers grip as the rest of the Adults came down the steps. In his eyes, pain were more evident than anger and Ebose wished she had not brought about the stupid idea of the card activity. Now he had had to remember his dead girlfriend whom, she was sure he had been trying to forget. His true reason for being a flirt was because he could not cope with commitment, he feared that if he was, they could easily go just like Amaka.

While the rest were trying to explain to her angry father about the situation she marched up to Asike who seemed not to regret what he had done and dragged him out of the house, her own anger began to brew. He had gone too far with the pranks, he had gone too far with everything he had pulled off throughout the day.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

°°°

Seven, phew, posted and I'm glad.

So, now, how do you see Asike?

Let me know;
Comment, Share, Vote.

A Chapter unfailingly tomorrow which happens to be my birthday.

Lots of Love
Emmanuella.