02: A Merry Pest

Laughter filled the house as some of the various people in it attempted to perform a talent and fail in the process, everyone laughed except Eboseremen who just glared at her Mother and him. Asike Aghogho sat in between Omoruyi and Olasupo who had embarrassed themselves by trying to sing and dance respectively, his attention focus was on her sisters as they danced to Charged Up by Otedola's daughter, DJ Cuppy. They moved their hips and their hands in various formats that left the family in awe but they always had to ruin it by doing something as stupid as trying to Ballet, Eghosa had slipped in the process and fell on Efosa, which made everyone laugh, everyone except her still.

She stared intently at the boy who sat opposite of her along with the other boys and wondered why he had chose this time to be here, although her mother had explained it to her about his Parents not being around, she hated the fact that it was their house he had to come stay in for the Christmas. She knew he had something up his sleeve, he always did.

Asike Aghogho was the only child of the first family they had met when they moved to this area when she was seven, they had lived some distance away until they moved away three years ago. Right from the first moment they met, they had never gotten along and, Ebose noted, this was due to his character and Personality. He had always been a trouble maker, torturing and pranking her at every chance they got. She had been the sweet innocent girl who tried to forgive him as he went on his little rampage on her, hell bent on making her life miserable by being destructive to everything she did.

An example was the cooking contest they had when she was 13, she had baked a three layer cake and she was extremely sure she would win until the next minute when Asike had walked towards her and had smirked at her baked art, she knew it was all over when he pushed it off the table and towards her with a fake sneeze. There was also the time he had visited and met her preparing a video for her presentation, It had been a mistake to let him see the video because the next day when the whole class watched the video which was supposed to be about the political activities that were happening in the country and how they affected the various ethnic group, it was her, laying various curses at him when he had successfully played his different pranks on her on different occasions, she had been suspended for submitting that and had matched straight to his class and slapped him there, but that did not go well for her because a teacher had assumed she was the villain in the midst and she was suspended for extra two weeks. It was at that time she decided to always pay him back by learning the sweet art of pranking. Still, he was King.

He had been given a nickname that matched his personality and his attitude and it had stuck with him. From the way he had appeared with a deep smile which allowed his deep dimples to show, she didn't want it to but she was sure it would go one way, his nickname way, Jagajaga.

The twins had ended their presentation and the next set of persons to take the improvised stage were the fathers, Iredia, Eronmosele and Osaze. Almost everyone smiled at the as they rolled up their imaginary sleeves and stood, one person faced south, the other west and the last stood alone to address the crowd.

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen," her uncle Eronmosle addressed everyone, "Our special show for this Christmas eve is to Sing Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas by John Williams," their wives giggled but the children raised their brows confused. They had not heard of the musician neither the song, Ebose took her attention off the boy and proceeded to watch the fathers as they cleared their throats and began in deep voices

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas," Iredia began the sing in his bass tone,

"Sing a song for the glorious season," the other two followed,

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas," he went next,

"Sing a song for a Happy New Year,"