We exchange a look before she gets onto her tip-toes to press a quick kiss to my lips, sinking back down no more than a second later.

"Hey, that's it?" I grab her hand as she turns to leave.

A smirk dances on her lips as she faces me again. "What? That wasn't good enough for you?"

"No," I shake my head, bringing my hands to her waist and pulling her closer to me. "It wasn't."

Allie giggles, bringing her hands up to my face and making me lean down to connect our lips. The sweet and gentle kiss that only lasts a few seconds makes my heart beat hard in my chest. A wave of disappointment rolls over me when she pulls away, putting her hands on my chest.

"I really have to go," The girl chuckles. "I'll text you, yeah?"

"Okay, have a good day at work." I tell her, opening the door up.

After she steps out of my apartment, she quickly spins around. "Oh! I forgot. I left you something under your pillow, a souvenir of sorts." She beams. "Okay, I gotta go! See you!"

And with that, she turns and speeds down the staircase, leaving me standing there...smiling like an idiot.

I head back inside, closing the door before going off to my room and looking under my pillow. A chuckle leaves my lips when I see the pink lace underwear she'd been wearing last night stashed under it. 'A souvenir of sorts.'.

I grab my phone off of my dresser, setting out to send her a text message.

Me: Lovely 'souvenir', Allie!

I toss my phone onto the bed, knowing that it'll probably take awhile for her to text back. She's driving.

-

After a long shower, I get dressed and check my phone. A few text messages from Allie are waiting, along with a few from Penelope.

Allie: ha! knew you'd get a kick out of that.

Allie: kidding. but,, i always see in porn that guys are into underwear. so, do with it what you want. to get you by until next time

Allie: cause it might be awhile until we can get together again. i have a busy week and my friend Rachel is flying in from Chicago, so i'm gonna be spending some time with her and stuff

Allie: hope you don't mind. is that cool?

I raise an eyebrow at the message. She's asking me if it's okay for her to spend time with her friend?

I type back a response.

Me: Allie, you don't have to ask if it's okay with me. Of course it is. Who the hell am I to keep you from your friends?

She types back right away, shown by the ellipsis in the corner of the screen. It's only a few seconds before a message pops up on my screen.

Allie: I wasn't asking your permission, it was just me trying to be courteous ahaha

Me: Oh!

Allie: oh! anyway, i have to clock in. talk to you later 💞

Me: Talk to you later! 💜

I open up Penelope's messages next.

Penelope: Am I still picking you up for family dinner tonight?

Penelope: And are you bringing Allie? 👀

Penelope: You're not answering, so I'll just take that as a yes to both! See ya at five, boy wonder!!