Hero Names

"Morning." said Aizawa, as he entered the 1-A classroom.

It had been two days since the sports festival, and all the students got a chance to rest and recover.

"Good morning!" replied the class.

"We're having a special hero informatics class today: Code names - you'll be coming up with hero names."

"Finally something exciting!" said Kaminari.

"Finally?" asked Mei. "You mean being attacked by master villains followed by a sports festival where the stadium was almost brought to the ground is not exciting enough for ya? Boy do I feel bad for whoever ends up with you."

"It could be you, Mei, if you just say the word." Kaminari winked at her. "Of course, you'd need to impress me first."

"Why are you playing hard to get when you're so hard to want?" she said, causing Jirou to burst into laughter.

"Silence, everyone." continued Aizawa. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after the students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you, shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" asked Hagakure.

"That's right. And here are the totals for those with offers."

Aizawa then clicked a button on his remote and the number of offers became displayed on the board:

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year." said Aizawa, pointing to the board.

"Gah, there's such a big difference!" complained Kaminari.

"The pros don't know a good thing when they see one." said Aoyama.

"Todoroki's first, Mei's second and Bakugo's third...?" said Jirou.

"It's not the same as their placement in the sports festival." added Kirishima.

"Some people are too scared to ask for a guy when he had to be restrained on the podium." said Sero.

"You're amazing Mei." smiled Momo.

"Nah, they are all just because of my family name." said Mei.

"Keeping those results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be participating in internships with pros."

"The hero names you choose today are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it..."

Before Aizawa could finish his thought, the classroom door slammed open, to reveal Midnight.