Hero License

The day of their provisional hero license test had finally arrived.

Stepping off the bus with Momo, Mei was not in the best mood already. It got worse when she saw Monoma make his way over from the corner of her eye.

"Hey there, princesses!" he said, with his signature creepy smile plastered across his face.

"Not today, vermin." Mei scoffed. "Preferably never, honestly."

"Oh, you sting me with your venom, beautiful Mei." he laughed maniacally. "Ready to get your licenses? Or perhaps you aren't. Perhaps today is the day I crush you under my shined shoes."

"Don't worry, I've got this." Momo whispered in Mei's ear, holding her arm so she didn't punch the boy on the mouth.

"Hey, Kendo!" Momo shouted, waiving her arm to the class-B  rep who was standing close by.

Before Mei had time to blink, she saw a massive hand smack Monoma on the back of the head.

"Behave!" Kendo said, grabbing the now barely conscious boy by the collar and dragging him away.

"Brilliant." Mei grinned at Momo. "You're goddamn brilliant."

"I know." the girl smiled back.

The two girls kept walking to join the rest of the class.

Students from a different hero academies were making their way to the exam centre entrance as well, dressed in a variety of uniforms.

A girl with spiky blond hair came running towards their group, stopping in front of Todoroki.

"Hey, Todoroki! Can I have your autograph?" she asked, giddily. "You were so cool at the sports festival!"

"Huh? Stop being such a fangirl, it's embarrassing." A boy standing beside her commented, rolling his eyes.

"You can have my autograph, too." Mineta approached the girl with drool running from the corner of his mouth.

Mei must have made a face, because Momo squeezed her arm.

"Hey, change into your costumes and go to the orientation." Aizawa sounded, breaking their distraction. "Don't waste time."

---------

Orientation did not take a very long time, but to Mei it felt like forever.

The exam coordinator had an unbearably monotone voice, and she had to pinch herself to pay attention.

The first test would be inter-elimination based, where each student would be responsible for taking out as many others as they could. They would be equipped with three targets and rubber balls; whoever had all of their targets hit by another student would be out of the running.

"There are a total of 1,540 people taking the exam! Didn't they say only 100 would pass?" Momo squealed beside Mei. "I'm getting even more nervous!"

"We can pass the first round by defeating only two people." Mei put a hand on her friends shoulder, trying to be supportive. "We've got this!"

"Let's go, 1-A!" Iida shouted, leading his classmates towards the battle arena.

--------

The grounds were massive.

Much like USJ, there were different terrains, supposedly giving students a chance to play to their Quirks' strengths.

All the test participants stood at the ground's entrance, anticipating the sound of the buzzer that would signal the start of the exam.