Chapter 2

Alamere walked through the snowy forest on the JoSinh Tribal territory, it was getting late, December had only begun yet the snow was at least three to four inches high and it continued to lightly fall. He slightly regretted drinking caffeinated coffee this late, it was only about 5 P.M. and he didn't feel sleepy in the slightest. He was just lost in thought, he walked and walked until he came to a clearing with at least two inches of snow due to the trees blocking the sky. A big slab of rock was near the center. He blankly studied it and hobbled to it and slumped on it and pulled out a small piece of glossy paper. He stared at it, tears slightly escaping him. Looking down on the old Christmas photo that was taken when he was seven years old. His father in a Santa costume, his mother in a Mrs. Claus dress and Alamere in a green elf costume. His family had lots of holiday traditions and celebrated it immensely.

"It's just not the same without them." he whispered, choking back tears. He clutched the photo tightly to his chest, his necklace against it. He curled his body on the rock and sobbed, body shaking, snow fluttering above, descending upon the Earth. Time seemed to slow and the dimly lit forest was growing dimmer and dimmer. He cried for awhile and eventually just stopped crying and laid there, snow slightly covering him. He didn't care, he felt the cold was befitting of his emotions for the season, he lazily accepted it, not even a small attempt to get up until a small bell rang. His ears flicked over in the direction of the sound, little snowflakes falling off him. He flung his head up and scanned the perimeter for trouble. The last thing he need was a monster attacking him when he didn't have his pair of butterfly swords. He scanned again. Nothing, but he stared intently in front of him for a few moments and then the ring came again. He became confused and slightly panicked. He clutched his photo tightly. The ring again and that was when he realized that it was coming from his paws. He looked down at the photo in his paws and it rang again and a moment passed as he stared at it in confusion. Then he heard soft crisp crunch above him, he whipped his head up and the last thing he saw was mountains and mountains of snow come caving in above him. He let out a scream and everything seemed to go black.