Chapter 3: Ambitions

A few days passed since i met Shumiya, in those few days, she has been doing the house chores as she spends most of her time at home. She claims that her mother taught her how to do chores, but since that her old house had maids, she didnt have the opportunity to put her mother's teachings to good use. Thats good for 2 things, well number one, that and it lessens my load around the dorm for a while.

About a week later, i started hearing rumors from other class mates about a prodigy first-year that entered our school at the age of 14.

No way, right?

I thought to myself. But, dying of curiosity i decide to walk up to my fellow classmates and question about the prestigious student.

Before i could start talking, however, I hear a faint call of my name on the class' back door. I glance over to find Shumiya, wearing our school uniform.

She calls out my name a second time and points her finger at me while waving her hand. Signalling me to go towards her. As i approach Shumiya, I feel all my fellow classmates staring and gossiping about me. I could hear their faint voices as they continue to compliment 'such a beauty' or 'she's cute, i want her.'

"Do you need anything?"

I ask nervously as the stares from my fellow classmates intensifies.

"Walk home with me today."

This is it, she's started hell.

The whole class boys started breaking down and freaking out simultaneously. The girls all had this sort of 'you should really die' look on their face, even Mika. The only voices i could hear was 'Why Kira out of all people?!' and 'That useless orphanage prick?!'. At this point, I'm used to the harsh comments but I don't think Shimuya is just yet.

In the heat of the moment, i accept Shimuya's offer and return to my seat. As I return to my seat, Mika glaces over to me and give me a 'hmph'. What's that all about?

The school day progresses smoothly until it finally ends. I rush out of my class after my class duty and proceed over to the front gate, where i assume Shumiya was waiting for me. My predictions were fortunately right and Shumiya was there waiting at the school's front gate.

"You're late"

She says emotionlessly as she walks out of the gate. I run up to her and start walking beside her.

"S-So, why did you want me to walk you back home?"

I again ask nervously, still recovering from that mental shock during lunch and also the fact that someone might spot us and sneak a picture.

"I lost the way home."

She says with the same emotionless expression.

We continue our awkward and silent walk home. For the most of it, we did not utter a word to each other. As we reach home, she follows behind me as I enter the boy's dorm. She almost enters my room, she would have in fact if i hadn't stopped her.

"No, no. Your room's in the other building, here's the male and teacher's dorm."

"But, i want to stay in your room, whats wrong with that?"

"What's wrong? A man and woman staying in the same room is wrong on all levels."

"But, we're friends, right?"

"Yes, but the law forbids individuals under 18 to--"

" 'There are things you should do even if forbidden by law.' That's what you said, right Kira?"

"Are you an airhead?!"

Some of the others overheard Shumiya and I's argument. Misaki walks up to my room to call me over for dinner. Tonight was her turn to cook after all. I instruct Shumiya to return to the dorm right beside ours since her room was there after all. I help Misaki cook dinner and call the others down for supper time.