Elemental Training

We stood next to our dragons as the teacher strode up and down before us.

"You are here to learn how to control your powers. I do not expect any messing around from anyone, including the team leader,".

He rounded on me. My team looked furious and Barney stopped out to argue. I frantically signalled for him to get back in the line but it was too late. The teacher had seen him.

"And WHAT do you think you are doing?"

Barney looked him in the eye and said: "Nothing Mr ?"

"Demon. Mr Demon,".

Electro smirked. "That's a fitting name sir"

The teacher stared at him. "Yes that is quite right. You are going to train from the basics with everyone. No buts"

"Of course Mr Demon" Electro replied meekly.

"Good".

The teacher led us to an arena which was split into six sections and divided us into pairs.

"Right then:

Iceboy, you go with Earth girl

Fireboy, you go with wind boy

Team leader, you go with Electro here. Maybe you can learn something from him. I want an elements only battle please. No flying, not that you know how to and no hand to hand fighting. Are you ready? Then commence!"

I looked at Electro and Striker before quickly talking to Electra:

How do you think we should do this?

I think we should make you really angry

Okay, wait what?

If you are angry, you will have more emotions and your powers might just rush out.

Okay. Tease me then.

I got into a fighting stance with Electra behind me. I felt this crawling sensation around my neck and noticed my pendant was glowing. It started to get hotter and hotter until it was burning me. I yanked it off and stared, stunned as armour covered me. I had ornate pink greaves, purple wristguards and some magnificent armour. The armour was gold with pink and purple highlights. I had an ice blue sword with green and grey swirls completed with a pink, purple and orange handle. I looked at the rest of my team. They were all armoured in their respective colours, their pendant ultimately twisting and becoming their sword, again in their respective colours. They all looked at me and stared. Adam smiled:

"Amy, you look incredible! I love your sword."

Barney nodded. "True. It has all our colours on it"

Stephen spoke up. "It must be a team leader sword. I imagine when we are more experienced you could touch our colour and call us. Maybe you could look in the library sis?"

"Sure" Cherry agreed. "Amy and I want to tell you about this book anyway".

I stared at her and then heard Electra

Look at me!

I turned around to see Electra standing in a fighting pose. Armour ran along her body, stopping at the neck. It too had all the colours of the team on it too!

Except one

What do you mean?

You don't see yellow on it do you?

Electro isn't part of our team

Yes he is. There is an extra stable in the stables, his bed is in the boy's room and his stuff is all unpacked. Besides I have never seen anyone look so devastated.

I turned to look at Electro. He was staring at us in amazement but he looked upset. He turned on his heel and fled from the arena. His dragon turned to follow him.

"Striker wait!" I called
Striker turned and looked at me.

"Let me go" I explained. "This is probably all my fault anyway. He is in our team now and we, no I have isolated him"

Striker bobbed his head once and walked over to Electra. Furnace gave a low warning growl. Rolling my eyes I raced after Electro.

I sprinted out of the arena and followed him to our room. As he turned to go into the boy's room I skidded inside, panting for breath.

"Electro come on. This is just a misunderstanding"

He turned. "No it isn't. This happened at my last academy too. That's why I was so easy to be expelled"

"You were expelled?"

"Oops. I wasn't meant to tell anyone that"

I smiled. "I won't tell anyone. Have you seen the dragon stables?"

"No. I didn't know we had any"

"Follow me" I led him to the arched door and twisted the handle. Sure enough there was another stable. Do you think they would add another stable if you weren't here to stay?"

He sighed. 'I'm sorry"

I shrugged. It was fine after all. "Come on lets go back to class. I want to discover what I can do with my element."

"You don't know"

"No, but I intend to find out"

We entered the arena and I took a calming breath as I got ready to fight.

What do you think of her armour? I'd prefer to have it green myself but that's just me. What colours would you have?

Whekim