"Don't forget, you aren't anything, you're worthless, and you'll never be one of us." He growled.

He walked away and when he disappeared the guy who saved me stepped forward.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, thanks by the way."

"No problem, I'm George by the way."

That's where I had seen him, "you were the one calling the numbers at the masquerade ball."

He smiled and nodded, "and you were the one who chose Alpha Braxton, or maybe I should say your mate."

I blushed, "how did you know?"

Now he laughed, "they told me that five of the PAK fraternity members have mates and that their mates would choose them first, and you were number five." he filled me in, "does Patrick mess with you often?"

I sighed, I didn't want to be a snitch, but I also didn't want Patrick doing the same thing to other kids.

"He use to a lot when we were younger, I haven't seen him in years," I admitted and sighed, "but it seems as if he didn't forget, or grow up for that matter."

This time he nodded his understanding.

Suddenly he stood up straight and closed his eyes.

"Oh gosh, uhh George are you alright?" I panicked. He was as stiff as a plank of wood and completely unresponsive. But as soon as his reaction had come, it left and his body seemed to relax as his eyes opened.

"It was good to meet you..."

"H-Harper." I extended my hand a little confused.

He smiled and shook my hand, "I hope we meet again under better circumstances."

And just like that he was walking away from me, I abandoned my mission of trying to find a room and just pulled out my phone.

"Harper, thank god...where are you?" Ellie asked panicked.

"I'm at the pack house."

"Really, so am I, come out to the back yard I'm with Braxton's mom and my parents."

I hung up and cut through the people that seemed to be making their way out of the front door.

"Why's everyone leaving?" I asked as I finally found my best friend.

"Oh Braxton told them they could leave if they wanted to."

"He's here?" I asked excitedly.

"No, but he's on his way."

I gave her a confused look, this whole night was making me exhausted.

"It's a wolf thing, since we are all part of the pack the Alpha, which is Brax, can talk to us through our pack's mind-link."

"You shouldn't be revealing pack info to outsiders Elise."

My back stiffened, for the second time tonight Patrick had walked up behind me.

"Harper isn't an outsider." She tried to defend me.

"She isn't a pack member."

"Not for long." Elise threw in, "now back the hell up Pat, you seriously don't know who you're messing with."

I watched the increasingly heated argument between the two, "why don't you tell me who it is I'm messing with Elise?"

Elise stepped forward, it was clear that these two did not care for each other.

"Harper," Elise suddenly said making me jump a little at being thrown into their argument, "allow me to introduce you to Braxton's cousin Patrick."

Cousin?

Patrick, my number one tormentor is Braxton's cousin? Surely Patrick was adopted because he was nothing like my kind and gentle boyfriend.

"And Patrick allow me to introduce you to one of my best friends Harper..."

"We've met." He grinned evilly.

Elise picked up on his sadistic smirk and now she was looking between the both of us, she knew something was being kept from her.

But when their heads turned in the same direction at the same time everything else was dropped, and suddenly the guys from Braxton's Fraternity walked into the back yard. They were all topless and looked tired, well all except Braxton who was for some reason in his wolf form.

I ran forward, too relieved that he was alive to care that he was in his wolf form or that people were watching us.

"Will someone stop the little idiot before she gets herself killed!" Patrick yelled.

But I didn't care, I was more worried about Braxton than his comments. And when I reached Braxton he kneeled down and I threw my arms around his thick furry neck.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I whispered into his fur.

The sound of a couple of gasps sounded around us but I just didn't care.

I relished the feel of Braxtons even breathing as I faintly heard Elise in the background.

"Oh Patrick, Did I mention that Harper is our Alpha's mate?"

I knew Elise well enough to know she would be wearing her smugsmirk.