When You Join The Scouts For The First Time/When You Reunited With Him

It is the year 847, I decided to join the military to protect humanity and fight the titans to avenge my beloved father and became part of the 104th trainees.

After the Colossal Titan - that measured more than 50 meters - destroyed Wall Maria, Shiganshina was ambused by titans entering inside the walls.

A lot had panicked, some managed to ran away from town by boat and worse, a lot have died including Eren's mom and one of my close relatives.

Remembering that horrible scenario always makes my heart break into pieces and we lost so much - our homes, resources, our friends, family and even our courage.

Thankfully, I managed to escape with my mom and my uncle on my father's side but we failed to save my other relatives who got involved with the titans as well. 

As for Armin, I haven't seen him since after we parted. He told me he'll be with Eren and Mikasa - who also became my friends three days after I befriended Armin - to find Eren's mother.

At first I didn't want to leave them behind but...

"Please, (Y/N)! Just go ahead! Don't worry about us, we'll catch up. I promise you!", said Armin as he looked at me with his blue orbs.

"B-But, I don't w-want to lose you too! I found my other relatives dead already and I don't want to lose you guys too!", I said as I sniffed, "S-So...can I please join you guys?"

He was feeling blue as soon as he saw me tearing up.

"(Y/N)", Armin said and immediately gave me a big warm hug to reassure me, "I'm so sorry for your loss but don't think that far. I don't know what will happen next but I assure you, we'll make sure to come back safe."

I cried a little bit and before he let go of the hug, he said with a smile, "Please go with your mother and uncle. They might get worried and I want to make sure you escape safely too. I don't want to lose another who is close to me".

In that moment, I wiped away my tears and just nodded at his request - feeling very warm from his words.

"O-Okay", I said and wore a face mask that my mom gave me, "I guess this is it then. Good-bye, Armin. I hope we see each other soon".

Armin gave me one more smile and simply replied, "Of course, we will. Someday".

And that's it.

I never saw Armin, Eren and Mikasa after we escaped through boat. At that time, I get so worried of what will happen to us in the future. Titans have entered and took everything away from us.

That being said, that was when I made up my mind: I'm going to join the military and became part of the Survey Corp to avenge humanity and my father.

It was a very tough decision and my mom almost didn't approve of my fate but my uncle did.

"Let her, (Your mother's name). I think she's big enough to make her choices now that she's suffering a lot already"

Thus, my mother agreed and wished me luck what ever challenges I may face.

"ATTENTION!" 

We were assembled outside our training headquarters and handled by our head instructor, Commander Keith Shadis.

"All of you go to your positions!!"

Its the first day of our actually meeting and training in the military

I haven't befriend anyone here yet so after this meeting is over, I will check whether there are familiar faces here.

The others who arrived finally got into their positions and wiped their sweat.