v

"Moonbyul-ssi... friends come and go, we can never always be close forever... I know I've let you down. I'm aware that we drifted apart to the point we could be strangers. I know you were always there for me even if i wasn't... but my life doesn't include you as much as it did in the past... it just doesn't revolve around just the two of us anymore."

Yongsun didn't know what got over her to say the last few lines straight to byul. Perhaps it was the frustration she had that byul couldn't understand that she led a new life, she had moved on. Although it seemed as if yongsun was unaware of byul for these 3 years, she saw byul's indirect rants about her on twitter. Instead of making yongsun feel guilt for abandoning her friend for her lover, it made her frustrated that byul didn't accept how she had a new life. The new life her lover promised her blinded yongsun. Yongsun wanted byul to forget her. A part of kim yongsun felt indebted to byul, wanting byul to forget so that she will never be the reason for byul to hurt.

No matter how frustrated she was that she couldn't make byul understand, she knew she loved her best friend and never wanted byul to be sad. If only she knew this day byul called was the day byul finally broke down after 3 years of bottling her emotions, yongsun would have never said these lines to moonbyul.

Those lines were like bullets straight to moonbyul's heart, a harsh reality that slapped her. Byul knew all along this was how yongsun felt, she just was in denial, she avoided the fact and lied to herself that she was just overthinking. Yongsun had confirmed Byul's thoughts. She had long lost yongsun from her life. She realised yongsun never planned to include her in her life.

Byul realised she no longer mattered to yongsun anymore...

"Unnie, i really loved you. I was willing to go through thick and thin with you, kim yongsun. These 3 years i felt so lonely and disregarded, yet i lied to myself you didn't mean to do it. Now I will accept that i am no longer part of your life. Kim yongsun, thank you for the past 15 years."

"Byul-ah... I don't mean it that way."

Yongsun said those lines in frustration, she knew it hurt byul, she regretted saying it to byul.

"Say no more. It hurts. It hurts to know someone you really cared for and devoted to.... doesn't feel the same way I feel... yongsun-ah, i-"

Byul was cut off by a loud honk in the background. A loud bang and then Silence.

Yongsun's eyes widened when she knew what had happened.

"MOONBYUL, RESPOND TO ME DONT LEAVE ME ALONE"

No matter how much or how loud yongsun shouted, there were only background noises of people mummering. She searched for a familiar deep voice that she desperately prayed to hear. Tears welled up yongsun's eyes and gushed down uncontrollably. That conversation could probably be the last for the two friends. Yongsun was at a loss, she prayed hard that someone on the other end could tell her what was happening.

"Hello? Are you still there?" An unfamiliar voice asked. Yongsun frantically answered a quick yes and bombarded the other party with questions after questions. "Miss, please calm down. She is still breathing but she's bleeding a lot. The ambulance has just arrived." This sentence reassured her that byul was still alive, but yongsun couldn't stop crying. Yongsun had thousands of thoughts of regrets and she finally realised how she couldn't bear to lose a friend like her. "u-unnie.." a weak soft voice called out to yongsun. "i-i don't think... i can make it..." the familiar voice she prayed to hear filled yongsun with devastation and pain. "NO, BYUL-AH DONT LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE! I-I-I.... I REALLY CANT AFFORD TO LOSE A FRIEND LIKE YOU..." yongsun shouted in desperation, hoping it gave moonbyul strength to hang on. "you... you're so cute... when... you... tt-try... so hard... not... to.. cr-" byul gathered her strength to respond, but she couldn't last till the end of the sentence.
"MOONBYUL-SSI!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"if we didn't meet, we would probably be happier now."