CHAPTER 11: Unspoken Words

Comenzar desde el principio

Having said that, she didn't fail him.

His ears are twitching. Never thought he could feel satisfaction just by hearing that endearment from Yura. He is being a stubborn kid. He pretends not hearing her even if he actually did. He too wanted to see it coming from her mouth and seeing Yura blushed out of shyness satisfied his childlike behavior.

In return, as promise, he gave the spot and let her drive the ATV with his smug little smile.

Their ride didn't go that smooth. The poor ATV was forcefully stopped many times by Yura. And from that many times, Jonghyun will have to reflexe his muscles to hold tight from his seat. Once he don't, his half face helmet will hit hers. The first time it did, hurts them both. What more from their second and third time? He sighed secretly from her back. Now starts questioning himself as to why he let her do the driving.

"AISH!!!" Yura sounding mad, "...Jong oppa~ Do you want to take the wheel instead?"

"why? I thought you wanted to?"

She pulled the hand brake, got off from the ATV and stood in front him before answering, "don't lie to me. I know your cursing at me already. For I, myself, is doing it..." she pouted with her cherry colored face.

Jonghyun smiled tapping her helmet and chuckled, "you are doing fine. We are getting there... You can do it!"

Yura was able to do it once more because of his word of encouragement. He too,  actively give advices to her while on the road. Once arrived, the two joined Kimmon and Bas on eating.

Jonghyun who got swayed by the fun, teamed up with Kimmon to try parasailing, kiteboarding and jet skiing while Yura and Bas tries riding a kayak and a stand-up paddleboard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The fun on the Big Island didn't stop at sunset. At night, a small feast will be held to thanked the tourist for visiting the island. Fire dancers are everywhere, bars that serves different kinds of alcoholic drinks, a local band performing a lively sound and tasty foods for free.

On a table next to the stage, Yura, Kimmon and Bas are exchanging words when Jonghyun joins them after freshening up.

"hyung! What took you so long? You missed watching the aloha dancers earlier. They're breathing fireee!!!" Kimmon being perky as usual.

"got some stuffs to think of..." Jonghyun smiled and seated beside him facing Yura.

From time to time, he will steal glances at her. More like, can't take his eyes off of her. He might be looking calm but from his mind, it's different.

He wants proof, proof for his conclusion which is vividly showing right now.

He must have gone crazy. The effect of just thinking about her makes him feel like his brain has taken a cocaine. He is freaking out.

And these two young man, he don't hate them literally but there is this urge to steal her away from them. They're like a big wall. Kimmon is very talkative, not running out of words to say, be it with or without sense. And Bas, with his non stop giggles, she completely adores him more.

How can he even compete with this two?

"ommo! Is that Seungi-shi?"

"who Phi? The one singing?"

Yura hummed, "he is good huh..."

Hearing her complimenting someone made Jonghyun shifted his head to take a look of that person named Seungi.

'what is good about him?'

Yura sing along with that person while Kimmon and Bas tag along. Seungi on the other hand, once saw them, did a heart finger sign which is obviously for Yura.

"hey noona, what was that all about?" Kimmon, again with his meaningful smirk.

"a heart sign?"

'tsk.why is she even smiling about that heart sign? I can also do that...' He tried doing the heart sign under the table.

Seungi finishes his performance and started talking nonsense, as per Jonghyun, but that was until Yura's reaction makes him wonder.  

"noona, I think its you..."

"Phi! I want to see you perform too... please..."

"should I do it then?"

Kimmon and Bas move their heads in unison with sparkling eyes while Jonghyun was left dumbfounded looking at Yura making her way up to the stage. She was escorted by Seungi and lead her at the center.

'wait. What is happening?'

Everyone cheered for Yura when she introduced herself. She whispered something to the lead guitarist and soon inform his band mates about it. A lively music started to play and Yura together with Seungi dances to the rhythm of it. Later on, Yura begins to sing their famous song.

🎶
They say couples these days kiss before dating

But I’m naive and shy when it comes to people

I’m trapped in myself, making true love seem fake

I fell in love with you though I can’t express it

You flew on top of my heart like a butterfly

You shoot love at me like a bee

I’ve fallen into a sweet temptation

Call me your darling darling...
🎶

Jonghyun is stunned. Seeing her right now makes him witness a new side of Yura. She is dancing gracefully and her singing voice is so sweet. She enjoys her moment on that stage and a lot of people are reacting positively. Added to his amusement was seeing a group of youngsters from their counter table chanting loudly and even Kimmon joins them.

" hey, what are you doing? "

" I'm performing with noona..."

Jonghyun knitted his brows.

" it's called, fanchant Phi... This is our way to give our idol a source of energy and motivation to do their best while on stage."

"so you're also a fan of her? "

"aahm... I like Hyeri more but don't tell noona okay" Kimmon smiled with his forefinger place in between of his lips.

Jonghyun was left speechless as he watches her. At some point, their eyes meet in a split of second which causes him to hear his heart beat loud and clear.

This was the time his denial stage is over. His conclusion is proven. It is time to accept the fact that he had come to like her, romantically.

After the feast, the four of them bid their good nights and hopes of seeing each other again. Given that Yura and Jonghyun are neighbors, the two walks together to get at their cabin.

If Jonghyun finds it hard to choose the right words to say before, it became more harder because of his sudden realization.

"so! Jong oppa..."

"hmm? "

" I can still call you Jong oppa, right? "

"aah... Of course."

"alright then..." Yura smiled brightly. "goodnight... Jong oppa! Hope to see you again after this trip." She wave at him before finally enters her cabin.

"goodnight..."

Jonghyun held his chest and feel his heart.

He sighs.

He had let his words to be left unsaid.  A lot of things is troubling him even more. There is no guarantee that the two of them can stay together. And if he tell her how he feels, it would make him irresponsible knowing that tomorrow they will be going back from the outside world.

'idiot, you can't let this feelings grow...'