Reluctantly

The first surprise was that I woke up and Ellie was gone. The second was, I didn't have one horror movie request, but two horror movie requests. while scrolling through my E-mail, I found that Ellie had tried to send an E-mail to my former friend Preston, but had failed, and that she had changed my background from the amazing BTS to Tom Hanks in the movie BIG. I click on the first horror movie request. 

"Dear Miss Sage Kennedy,

We know that you have turned down our many requests to movies, but I think that you might have a slight exception for this new title for a horror movie. It's called 'Pity'. Click on the lower arrow to read more. Miss Kennedy, we know you don't want to, but you've got talent no other actress does. I think that this movie might be right up your alley. 

CALLA Movies and More"

I read out loud. My thumb drags on the touch-pad and I click on the arrow. Almost immediately it flicks to a sight with, like, thirty paragraphs to read. 

"Pfft," I huff. "Not reading all that crud." Now the next movie sounds more interesting. Even though the paragraph was almost exactly the same, the title of the movie was different. 

Hello.

Very interesting.  

Doesn't really sound like a horror movie

It involves my worst nightmare, though.

Maybe.. if I just click the GO button I will have a completely different life. 

Oh....... Alright, for Ellie.  

Now she CAN'T be disappointed in me. You hear that, Ellie? You may not be disappointed in me.

'When do I start?' I type back. Almost a full two minutes pass before I get a response. 

'Tuesday, October 27.' October 27? I look at the date. 

"Tomorrow?" I screech, when another E-mail pops up. 

'First Scene on Friday, October 31.' 

Oh, great, just great. Scenes start on Halloween. I hear a shuffle of feet downstairs. I had completely forgotten about Ellie!

"Ellie?" I yell.

"Meh?" Comes her muffled voice. I get off the bed and check my mood necklace. Nervous. Why would I be nervous? Oh, right, anyone who just signed up for a horror movie would be nervous!

"YOU WHAT?" Ellie screams. She throws her arms around me. 

"I signed up for the movie called 'Hello,' I say calmly.  I can almost hear her heart beating as hard as mine is. She let's go, looking confused. 

"Well, that doesn't sound very interesting."

"It was fun to read. What were you doing down here, anyway?" I ask, taking a look at her arms, which were all scratched up.  Ellie smiles. I don't like that smile. Crossing my arms I say, "Okay, Ellie, what'd ya do this time?" She throws her arms up and backs away, supposedly offended. 

"Hey, you can't immediately assume that I did something wrong, okay?" She says. "I was trying to hang with Pepsi, you know, trying to see if there are any details about her that I like. But so far," she looks up and gives me a weird, serious look, "I haven't seen any." I laugh and walk over to Pepsi's cat house. 

"Hey, Pepsi, was Ellie being mean? Oh. Don't worry, I'll be here for ya. For now." I say. Reaching for Pepsi, I look directly into her eyes and pick her up. Immediately she curls up into my arms. Ellie throws her arm up and points it at Pepsi. 

"Ugh! Why doesn't she do that with me? Look! Look at it! Just look at her. She's narrowing her eyes at me. That's not natural. Pepsi is not right, Sage." She yells. 

"Oh, is she being unreasonable, Pepsi?" I say, smiling at Ellie. Giving her a wink to tell her I was just kidding, she rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.

"Teh, yeah right." She mouths, slightly squinting. Almost immediately Pepsi raises her paw and slams it down hard on my neck. Then she sticks her nails deep into my skin. 

"Ah! What'd you actually do? Demonize her?" I yell, dropping Pepsi. Ellie shakes her head as her eyes widen. 

"I don't think she found a detail that she liked about me, either." She says, cautiously moving around Pepsi. 

"I can't believe I actually signed up for it. Ellie, scenes start on Halloween," I look at Ellie, who shrugs. 

"So?"

"So, Ellie, it's a horror movie," I shout. She shrugs again.

"So?"

I let out a frustrated moan and rub my eyes. 

"So, it's kind of weird," I say.

"Okay." Has she always been this annoyingly stubborn with her confidence? Or is it just now? I just know that this is going to be a long year and a half.