Prom Night

Song: The Luckiest by Ben Folds, please play when I tell you to play it later on in the story for added affect.

Third Person POV

It was prom night, the most awaited night at spooky high. Monsters of all kids appeared with their dates in matcha outfits, and acting more cheerful than normal. As everyone was arriving, (Y/n) was waiting outside for their date. Even though they'd made up, and things were better, they still had the faintest of feelings that Damien wouldn't show. Prom would start in ten minutes, and (Y/n) was getting very worried. Their friends had already gone inside, while they had insisted they stay out to wait. Even though they were quite cold, they still waited for him.

When ten minutes passed, they sighed and began to walk inside, when loud footsteps began to make quick pace right to them. Looking up, they saw him. Damien LaVey, their one and only date for prom, wearing a nice black suit and a (f/c) tie. It matched their (f/c) outfit, which surprised you since they hadn't told him what color they would be wearing.

"Sorry I'm late! It took a little longer than I expected to get here," he apologized, turning an even darker shade of crimson. (Y/n) smiled warmly. "It's okay, at least you got here," they assured and hooked their hand with his.

Damien felt like sh*t. He was late, which wasn't intended, but he couldn't even get the ring he had wanted today. They wouldn't restock it until much later, but he guessed it would be better to wait then to just pop a question. He gripped tightly onto (Y/n)'s slightly paled, and cold hand, trying to warm them up. He hadn't expected them to wait for him, but it was truly a pleasant surprise.

As the two walked hand in hand, into the already raging prom party, (Y/n) searches for their friends. Spotting the odd group of red, blue, green, and yellow attire, they lead Damien towards them.

"Hey! Lookie, Damien made it!" Amira teased her hair making a spark and raising a little bit higher. "Amira, there is no need to yell, even though it's crowded we can talk norma-" Brian was cut off, "What?!" Amira shouted up at him. Brian grumbled under his breath and everyone else just laughed.

Vicky tapped (Y/n)'s shoulder before whispering into their ear, "You guys should go get punch before someone spikes it." The halfling nodded, and entangled their fingers with Damien's once again. "Want to go get some punch?" They asked and Damien looked down, grinning as he stared into their beautiful (e/c) eyes. He nodded, and the couple made their way over to the punch bowl, along with a plethora of odd snacks and treats.

Vicky turned to the others when they were out of earshot. "Someone go ask the DJ to play The Luckiest by Ben Folds. That song will match them perfectly," she said, leaning her head towards the cyclops giant, who was their DJ for the night.

Brian nodded and made his way through the crowded room. Vicky clapped her hands excitedly and Oz and Amira high fives enthusiastically. All seconds before the couple returned. "Where'd Brian go?" Damien asked, surprising everyone but (Y/n).

"Damien being nice to anyone other than (Y/n)!? I'm in shock," Amira placed a hand against her heart in fake pain as she gasped dramatically. Oz giggled and Vicky was covering her mouth.

Damien sighed, "You guys are so mean sometimes," he feigned annoyance, wrapping his arm around (Y/n)'s waist.

"I'm back!" Brian shouted, looking bored.

Play Song

(Y/n)'s ears perked up, "A slow dance this early?" They questioned, but Damien was already dragging them to dance. Damien put his hands tightly around the others waist, (Y/n) placing their arms around his neck

The two swayed side to side, clinging onto the other as if they were solely dependent on the fact that the monster in front of them was real. It really was, in a way.

"Hey Damien."

"Yes my little halfling?"

They kept quiet, for a few seconds, before responding. "I have something to tell you," they whispered.

"What is it," Damien asked, his breath warm on the halfling's neck.

"I love you."

...

"I love you too."

(A/N) So if you didn't read my recent update, please do, it is important! Also here's a little fun fact. The song is the one played at my parents wedding, and I plan to play it at mine too.