Small Memories

[Edited]

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt everyone look our direction, but to be honest, I was just happy that my cousin was going to my school. I know Liam hated hugs, but he had often made exceptions for me because, I cry. I cry all the time. It comes with the trade of being able to tell when someone is about to die. While I couldn't sense all death, I felt all the ones close to me.

It was a comfort that he was willing to do that, even if the rest of our family hated me. Other than my parents, and some of my mom's side of the family, my dad's side refused to accept me. Other than Liam that is.

I think part of it was the fact that I wasn't "mainstream" as he called. But It was also probably from the accident that happened a few years back. Besides the point, I pulled away from him and steadied myself on the floor.

Liam sighed,and I could feel heat rising up behind me. The demon spoke first, "You are related to them?!" His voice was filled with anger, and... confusion? I couldn't tell since I wasn't paying attention to him, I was focusing on trying not to cry again. I was looking around, trying to find a place where I could hide. And scream. My lungs were in pain from holding in screams all day.

"Yes, and?" Liam replied looking bored.

That's when I felt a loud boom, echo from across the school. I screamed as pain consumed me, before passing out into blackness.

3rd Person

Everyone was freaking out. Not only had a loud sound just make it's way across the school, from evil science class no less, but a loud scream had made everyone go momentarily deaf. Liam had been the only one prepared, since the second (Y/n) screamed, he had already put on sound proof head phones.

Damien was just emotionless. He was just staring at the person who had fallen into his arms and was out cold. Liam just sighed and looked Damien in the eyes.

"Just carry them to the nurse. They won't be waking up for a while."

Damien was just slightly worried for the vamshee, though he wouldn't admit it. He was supposed to hate them, but he was finding it hard right now. Carrying (Y/n) to the nurse, he took that time to collect his thoughts, even though Liam was talking endlessly next to him.

When they finally reached the nurse office, Damien was thinking clearly, and a stern expression was set on his face. Setting (Y/n) down on a chair, he left the room, trying not to look back. Liam was explaining to the nurse what had happened.

After he had explained, the nurse had to leave for a lunch break, and Liam was instructed to watch after (Y/n).

He was left to reminisce in the one memory he would always remember.

Liam remembers when his best friend and him spent all their time together. At the time, Liam was embracing all cliches. Mostly because he had a very big crush on his friend. The day before he was going to ask her out, he got a call from his uncle saying that him and his wife had a newborn baby. Liam hadn't cared much, because his "aunt" was a Banshee, and his family shunned halflings. But he respected his uncle and listened to the rest of the call. "Do you think you could come watch them for us while we go out to dinner?"

Liam said yes, since it wouldn't be hard to take care of the little monster, and besides he would be getting paid for it. His uncle had also told him that he could take his crush with him. Excited to spend the evening with her, he showed up, not expecting much. They spent the first hour playing with the baby, and then getting them to go to sleep.

After a few hours he heard the little baby scream, very loudly. Someone was going to die... was Liam's only though. Aunt Cassie did the same thing when someone was about to die. Liam went up to get the baby to go to sleep, when his friend told him she was leaving for a walk. He waited for them to return, he watched television and did nothing really for nearly half an hour, before he got a phone call.

"Yes?"

"Oh Liam! Oh my god, my baby is dead... they found your friend dead just ten minutes ago..."

Liam started crying, when he heard a light hum resonating from the babies room. Going upstairs he saw the baby singing, which shouldn't be possible since it is only three weeks old. After a second of listening, the phone rang again. "She's alive!! The doctors said her heart just suddenly started beating again!"

Ever since then Liam has been there for his cousin. His cousin saved his best friend, who later turned him down, but they were alive, because of (Y/n). Liam stayed the rest of the day with his cousin.

Just thinking.

(A/N) An explanation on your ability, according to certain myths about Banshee's, they do have the power to give someone their soul back, through singing. The soul has the choice to return though and most of them don't. Anyways thank you for reading!