Chapter Ten

"Oh my God, I fucking love this song," my friend shoved an earbud into my ear and turned the volume up.

Simmer Down... Simmer Down, they say were too young now to amount to anything else... 

The second I heard the voice I ripped it away from my ear, "Oh my God..." I whisper putting a hand over my face as tears start to fall down my cheeks, "Who sings that song? I mean... What's the band name?" I ask as my hands shake. 

I must have looked crazy, because my friend just stared at me, "Katie... Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost..." My cousin taps my arm a little.

"What. Is. The. Name..." I whisper looking my friend dead in the eyes as I raise out of my desk.

"5 Seconds of Summer..." she says leaning away from me and my heart skips a beat.

"They did it..." I swallow hard and wipe the tears off my cheeks, "they did it..."

I put the earbud back in and listen to what else they were singing about.

Let's get out, Let's get out, cause this dead beat town's only here just to keep us down... While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking about your love with a plane ticket, and a shinny diamond ring with your name on it... Would you wanna runaway too? Cause all I really want, is you...

Cause she looks so perfect standing there, in my American Apparel Underwear, and I know now, that I'm so down...

"Katie... What are you talking about?" my friend asks as I unlock my phone.

"Is this their lead guitarist?" I ask showing her the background on my phone. It was from the middle of the summer... Michael had taken my phone and started to take selfies with it. It was before I dyed his hair... Right before... he was laying in his bed shirtless and making a kissy face at the camera...

"Yeah..." she says making a face, "where did you get that?" she asks as I open my pictures.

"Same place I got this..." I say pulling up my shirt and flashing my 'And Back Again' tattoo.

"Jesus..." my cousin says as her jaw drops, "are you saying... you've been hiding that for two years?" she asks shaking her head, "how did you do that?"

I smile a little as I pull my shirt down, thanking God my parents weren't home, "I don't know..." I whisper and scroll through my pictures, "but I miss them..." I say quietly, "I miss him..." I sniff a little as they look over my shoulder to see all the pictures we had taken together...

And then we got to the one of me in his American Apparel underwear and his Rolling Stones shirt, "It's about you... isn't it?" my friend Kaylea asks as a tear slips down my cheek.

"It is..." I choke on my own voice.

"Does that mean the others are too?" my cousin Whitney asks me as she turns the speekers in my room on.

"What others?" I ask sitting up a little straighter and listening.

We'll never be as young as we are now... It's time to leave this old black and white town... Let's seize the day, let's runaway, don't let the colors fade to grey.... We'll never be as young as we are now... As young as we are now...

"I wrote that..." I say wiping my face off and picking up a guitar and starting to play, "Michael and I... in the back of his truck..." I sniff and strum the chords out in time with the music, "I see myself here in your eyes... Stay awake 'til the sunrise, I want to hold you hold to night, I wanna tell you that you're all mine...." My finger missing a string and my body shakes with a sob, "I'm never going to see him again..." I shake my head and swallow hard, "never..."

The two of them stare at me for a second, "Why don't you try to get their attention on Twitter or something..." Whitney asks as she messes with her iPod.

I shake my head, "No celebrity pays attention to what their fans write..." I whisper.

"But, what if he was looking for you?" Kaylea says touching my arm.

"It's been two years..." I shake my head.

"And they've made an album about you... And I bet they even named the band after you... There's only four of them... Why would they pick 5 Seconds of Summer?" Whitney shakes my knee and smiles, "did you ever say anything about summer?"

"What explanation did they give for it?" I ask looking up at her.

"Well... When Little Mix asked them why... and they said they didn't know and were going to avoid that question for all of time..." Kaylea laughs alittle, "but... they looked sad... Remember the interview Whitney?" she asks as she types in the computer.

"Yeah..." She says as Kaylea presses play. The question seemed to make them uncomfortable... and they did look sad... but did that mean anything at all? I don't really think it meant anything...

"So what..." I whisper, "they just thought it sounded cool... that's all..." I say wiping my face and standing up from the floor I was sitting on.

"Katie!" Whitney says grabbing me by the belt and yanking me back down to the floor.

"What?!" I yell at her as the tears fall down my face in a Niagra, "I had the most amazing summer of my entire life... I found the most amazing guy in the whole wide world... And I loved him... And he loved me... But it's over..." I shake my head and try to dry my face, "and there's nothing I can do to get it back..."

With a sigh Kaylea picks up her laptop and pulls up a video recording, "Here... Let's make a video... And we'll put it everywhere... They want to find you... HE wants to find you..." she smiles a little and presses play and I stare at the camera.

"Um..." I whisper trying to fix my face, "I'm Kathryn Elizabeth Curtin..." I sniff a little and wipe away the running make up, "two summers ago... I spent my summer in Sydney, Australia in an old beach house that smelled of salt and dead fish..." I laugh a little and flick my bangs out of my eyes, "and it was awful... And then one day, my mom sent me to get a carton of eggs..."

As I tell the story, I could feel Kaylea and Whitney staring at me. I was a Junior now, and I had kept all of this to myself for two whole years, not wantnig to face the truth... That it was over. I talked about how Michael hit me in the side of the face with the ball.... How we got wasted every weekend together... How Michael and I shared more than just kisses in the night....

"I fell in love that summer..." I say smiling, all tears gone, "and it wasn't until we were standing there... on the cliff watching the last rays of sunlight hit the sky, that I realised I had fallen in love with them all. Of course in a different why than I loved Michael, but I still loved them... And it would mean the world to me if I could see them again..." 

I took a deep breath as I hold onto my hands, "Please... I know this makes a good story for anyone to take advantage of, but I'd apreciate it if you wouldn't... My Australian Summer was the best thing that ever happened to me... And I'd like to have it back..." I smile at the camera slightly, "thank you... And Michael... I still love you..." I whisper before reaching down and turning off the camera.

"Am I free now?" I choke on my own voice before running down the stairs to the bathroom. These tears were different... Finally, I had a hope of seeing him again... and that's a word Ashton had used to describe the album... Hopeful... Was he trying to speak to me? Or was I just being stupid... I favor the first...

===========

Hey how was that!!!!!! I thought it was pretty good, anyway, comment, star, and tell your besties:) Thank you so much:) I have no idea how I thought up this story... and I'd apreciate it if you would not steel it, thank you! Dude, if any guys are reading this, you rock! Cause, yeah, guys that read fanfictions have guts lol....

Luv ya Loves xx

K. x.