Chapter Nine

I stood in front of the car door and stared at it. By no means was I going to get in willingly... I didn't want to leave, not for anything in the world would I ever want to leave, "Get in the car," my dad says in a low deep voice.

"No..." I whisper, "I haven't seen the boys yet," I wipe my runny nose and look around. They said they would come to see me leave, they promised.

"Isn't that a sign to you?" my dad asks giving me a look, "they don't care about you, that bastard boy just wanted an easy lay this summer, and I bet he got it."

I flinched at his words... What if that's all Michael really thought of me? What if the boys just used me to have a little fun... What if... What if... What if... Was I really going to just ask myself these questions? How stupid!

Dropping everything, I ran for the road. I could hear my parents screaming at me as I turn to run towards Michael's house. He only lived a block or two... maybe less... But, as my feet hit the pavement, it felt as though it stretched on for miles, and miles... never ending... the driveway never coming into sight.... And then it did... "Michael!" I shout as the boys start to get into his car.

He spins around at the sound of my voice before I smash into him, "We were just coming to see you..." he says pushing my bangs away from my eyes so that he could look at me.

"I know... but we were leaving... and I needed to see you... I had to see you..." I say pulling him into a hug and kissing his chest as he buries his face in the crook of my neck. I take out my sharpie and take Michael's hand. Sloppily, I drew four tallies, "This is you and the boys... " I say smiling as the others suround us, "and this is me..." I say dragging the final mark across the rest to make five, "don't ever forget our 5 Seconds of Summer..." I whisper and look around at them all, "please..." I sniff as my parents pull the car to the end of the driveway.

"We won't," Luke says sticking out his pinkie, "we swear."

I smile through light tears as I hook my trembling pinkie to his, "Good..." I say sniffling, "I almost forgot..." I say opening my giant black and white tribal print bag, "These are for you Ashton... To remember how awesome I am," I smirk and hand him red, white, and blue drumsticks.

"Alright, Mrs. All American," he mimicks what I said all those weeks before in the Macca's. Luke had tried to make a joke of me... and I just made it even funnier....

Laughing I give him a hug and kiss his cheek, "Play hard, okay?" I whisper in his ear.

"Okay..." he swallows hard and nods his head as I pull away.

I tap his shoulder before turning to Calum, "Hey Cal-Pal." I say laughing as his eyes water, "I know you love Blink whatever..." he laughs a little as I pull the bracelet out of my bag, "so I thought you might like it... I play bass... So  I know you can play with it on, and you have no excuse not to wear it 24/7," I joke as he slips it on his wrist.

He sobbed slightly into my shoulder as I rubbed his back, "Thank you... For everything..." he says in between breaths.

"You're welcome..." I say smiling a little, "just remember you are just as important to the band as anyone.. Bass players do it better," I wink as I pull away and he laughs through his tears.

"Luke..." I say as I turn to the blond haired blue eyed boy who just wouldn't look me in the eye, "would you please look at me?" I ask taking a step closer.

He snifffed a little before fixing his jaw and pulling his head up. I see why he hadn't wanted to look at me... His eyes were red... He'd been crying, but this was Luke, and he cried even less than I did... "Yes?" he asks clearing his throat.