017

HIM

I had never been so nervous asking a girl out...... ever. Well, during my high school days I was too focused on my studies to date but during college it was easy. Stephanie and I dated through college and well after..... you know what happened. I was way out of the dating game but I needed thIs to be special so I did something I knew I would regret.

*47 minutes later*

Brendan and Casper came in with a six pack, even though I told them not to bother.

"So bro, what do you need us for this time?" Casper asked, chugging down his first beer while Brendan set up the Xbox. It was just like our college days.

"I need help planning a date for Alexandria and Casper do you think you could keep Ava for the night?"

"Sure" Casper replied immediately

"Hey, why does he get to keep Ava" Brendan whined just as I expected him to

"You are practically a kid yourself"

"Exactly, so she would have more fun with me"

"You can babysit next time okay, now help me plan the perfect date before they get back"

The next 5 hours were spent brainstorming, making different calls and making a mess of everywhere but it'll all be worth it...... hopefully. When I heard the door open, I was internally a wreck. Casper and Brendan were waiting outside with an overnight bag for Ava so she won't have to come in only to go out again.

"Paxton? Where are you? Your friends just ambushed me and kidnapped my daughter" Alexandria shouted as she entered the house not yet seeing me. If this had happened 3 weeks ago there was no way she would have allowed Ava to go with them but after what happened during the last event we went to and during the 'Max mourning week' (story for another time) we've started getting together once a week, everyone on both sides to show Ava that she has a lot of people to love her. It's been helpful to say the slightest, there have been no more episodes since we started this.

She walked into the living room and stopped in her tracks when she saw me. "Paxton, what's all this?" She asked as she took in her surroundings. Brendan,Casper and I pushed all the chairs and Centre table away and laid down a blanket and brought out the projector we used for Ava's birthday party, apparently watching a movie from a projector is more romantic than watching it on a 65-inch flat screen.

"I believe you owe me a date and since we have both been swamped at work, I decided to bring the date to us" I replied patting the spot beside me for her to take a seat and she complied without any more questions. I took her shoes off as she sat and I was rewarded with a slight objection at first but a smile after.

"I got information from someone that this is your all time favourite movie" I took the remote and pressed play then went to the kitchen to get the salted popcorn and soda with m&m's. She had already removed her jacket and was only in a singlet-top and her jeans when I got back and she looked relaxed. I mixed the m&m's with the salted popcorn just like Tristan said and I had already premixed 3 different flavors of soda. "Looks like you did your research" she commented, dipping her hand into the bowl.

*Way after the movie*

"okay, your turn"

"Truth"

"What was the most extreme dare you have ever done"

"Well, last year of high school, I went through an horrible break up and my friends dared me to sing a song I wrote about the break-up during prom"

"No way, did you?"