60

* * *

* * *

People didn't cheer. They cried. Both from happiness and mourning. Many people died for this war and now it was over.

One person that didn't died for this war was Hattie. She died for freedom. She died in order to rid herself of her pain but caused pain amongst her family. Her true family.

The crowd gathered in the great hall, tending to the injured and saying their goodbyes to their dead. Charlie wouldn't let go of his mother, he held onto Molly like he would slip away if he didn't. Sirius was held close by his best friends, his brothers, and the kids huddled together as a group. They knew that this day would come, after two years of searching for the girl to find out she was dead.

None of them spoke a word. They were too heartbroken to even process any words. McGonagall was being held by Dumbledore who didn't say how he survived. Hagrid was helping Filch search for any bodies.

Lyall Lupin turned up and rushed to his son's side. Instantly from the look Remus gave him he knew that news on Hattie was not good. His granddaughter, well honorary granddaughter, was gone and he felt his heart rip into two. He held his son to his chest as Remus cried into his chest.

An hour had passed and nothing had occurred since. Filch and Hagrid brought more bodies in and laid them down but after a while they stopped. It was early morning and they were knackered, much like everyone else. The two flopped to the floor exhausted for a little whiles rest before they would carry on.

The room fell silent. Fully silent. Only soft breathing could be heard. Until the sounds of footsteps echoed.

Everyone's heads turned to the doorway as thicker black boots emerged. Sirius' eyes widened in shock as he saw his younger brother for the first time in over seventeen years.

He was not alone.

He had his arms wrapped around a girls' waist supporting her as she trudged slowly across the floor. Her arms hung around him keeping herself up as her head dropped from weakness. Her hair was long, longer than ever before, tangled and messy as it flowed in disheveled curls down her back. Regulus led her into the hall.

They reached the group who watched wide-eyed as the girl came closer. All eyes were on the pair, even those who were mourning stopped to stare.

Regulus stayed silent as he adjusted the girl in his arms, he edged her towards Sirius who refused to believe his eyes. Regulus set her down, her body coming into contact with Sirius' her arms wrapping around him, her head falling onto his shoulders.

"Hattie..." he breathed out, partly in relief, partly flabbergasted. How? The note... he shook his head forgetting about the note only caring that his daughter was coming closer to him and the state she was in.

She didn't respond, she hadn't spoken in a few days, her throat was dry and tight and her body was eating her inside out. "Oh my darling!" He exclaimed, holding her tight but not so much so that he didn't hurt her.