29

* * *

* * *

The Christmas holidays came around quickly and, unlike Dallin who was staying at Hogwarts for the holidays, Hattie was returning home. She was certainly not looking forward to going home. She was off to her mother's house for the first few days and then would spend the rest of her time at her dad's house.

When searching for a compartment, Hattie passed the twins and their friends, Fred and George glaring at her. They still were salty after being kicked off of the Quidditch team and what Dallin had said. She also passed Harry, Ron and Hermione who also gave her dirty looks. Hermione was spending Christmas with them rather than with her parents.

Hattie sighed and ended up sitting in a compartment with Draco and his friends, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle and friend, Pansy Parkinson. Hattie was sure Pansy liked Draco the way Dallin liked her, rather cute in her eyes.

She didn't speak during the whole train ride, she kept her legs tucked up into her chest as she was squashed between the wall of the compartment and Goyle. She couldn't even move enough to read a book and ended up sleeping for the whole ride, Draco waking her up as they rolled into Kings Cross Station.

"Have a good Christmas, cousin," Draco said to her with a nod before disappearing off into the crowd before Hattie could respond.

Hattie quickly found her mother and the 'pillock' Todd who was wearing a muscle tee and shorts even though it was freezing cold outside of the train.

"Aye Hetty! It's good t'see ye!" Todd exclaimed clapping her on the back and she grimaced at the pain it sent shooting up her back.

"It's Hattie." She muttered but he didn't hear her, instead, he was to busy listening to his walkman, a muggle music device.

Hattie turned to her mother who was dressed as if she was going to work, in a pencil skirt, blazer and pristine white blouse, he ruby red heals putting her a further six inches taller than her actual height.

Caroline, Hattie's mother dived into her handbag and pulled out her purse, "Here's twenty pounds, I have a business trip I am going on today, and Todd is going on a lad's Ibiza holiday for Christmas but I thought I had to tell you in person. You'll be home alone until you go to your fathers'. There is food in the fridge and the freezer. You shouldn't need anything else. Now you better go and fetch a taxi." Her mother patted her back and nudged her towards the streets of London as she and Todd followed behind.

The two adults went one way towards the car which they were heading off to the airport in and left Hattie outside of the station waiting for a taxi to pull up for her to use to get home.

* * *

Once Hattie had paid the taxi driver, she dragged her trunk down the street lit up with Christmas lights. Every house was decorated in a Christmas-y way, all except one. Number 18. Where Hattie lived. Clearly, her mother didn't care too much for the celebratory part of the year and left her house naked.

To be perfectly honest, Hattie couldn't care any less than she already did. Inside of the house, Hattie dumped her trunk in the hall and slumped into the living room, flopping onto the sofa and curled up into a ball. Most children would be balling that they were left alone, especially at Christmas but not Hattie.

She could breathe.

Dallin was on her heels all day every day again. Draco was yapping in her ear about some sort of 'cult' that Harry, Ron and Hermione had set up to conspire against Umbridge. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred and George hated her. The bubble that was encasing her was shrinking yet again but now that Hattie was finally alone it was as if it had expanded again.

But, no matter how much Dallin was on her heels now that he was gone she yearned for him. He made her feel safe. He didn't pressure her into 'getting better' like Charlie; yes, he has tried to stop her cutting and throwing up but he didn't do it like Charlie.

Dallin would trade the cuts for kisses. Little tender kisses which would ignite a wave of electricity in Hattie's veins that she didn't know what it was but it felt nice nonetheless. He would mumble against her lips words that would drag her from the rest of the world, pulling Dallin into her bubble so that it was just the two of them.

He would kiss her and pull away quickly to mutter, "Everything is okay, I'm here for you," and then he would kiss her again before saying, "I'm going to protect you from the bad things, beautiful." It was things like this that made Hattie want Dallin more so than she ever realised.

It wasn't just a like for him, a feeling of protection from him. It was a feeling she couldn't describe, it was one she had never felt before and it hurt her but also made her exhilarated.

She was too unbeknown to what it was.

She was too wrapped up in cotton wool to know what it was.

It was lust...

Lust - a strong desire for someone; a sexual attraction.

it had been four months of friendship and three months of a relationship and Hattie was hungry once again. Not for food, but for Dallin.

He is her protector. He safe-haven and she wanted him more than death itself.

Dallin is what she needs.